Cheaper Sleep Number beds, often called knockoffs, fakes, or generic brands, are out there. While there is some debate as to whether or not they are as good as the original, or represent real value for consumers. It is really up to each individual potential customer to decide what is the best way to go. For many, the low price alternative is a better option. It really depends on your specific situation. Before you go out and purchase a low-cost, inexpensive alternative, you may want to explore what each has to offer. In this article, you’ll find out what to look for as you try to determine if cheaper Sleep Number beds are a good value for you.
- Price: I know it’s obvious, but your budget must be taken into account. The Silver models are not nearly as expensive as the platinum models, regardless of whether you go with a full size, twin, queen, or king. If you cannot afford the real deal, finding a knockoff with good specs might be a good alternative.
- Customer Reviews: Where do the others fall in terms of comfort, value, and durability? Find out by reading Sleep Number reviews and the reviews from customers of other makers, like Sleep Better and others. This will give you a lot of information to keep in mind when you make your purchase. Select Comfort isn’t the only maker of adjustable mattresses and bedding out there.
- Adjustable Ranges: With a Sleep Number, you dial in the firmness. Compare the number of options you have when you adjust the firmness of your mattress. If the adjustments are limited, there’s a good chance you won’t find the right firmness to make your back pain or sleep disorders improve. You may still get a better night sleep than you would with a traditional spring mattress, but you may not maximize the benefits fully.
- Air Leaks: Is there a warranty for air leaks, especially around the seals? This is a common problem with any manufacturer, including those that offer a cheaper alternative to Sleep Number beds. Keep this in mind and be sure to check out customer reviews about air leaks.
- Getting One Free: You won’t have much luck getting a free adjustable bed, but it is possible for insurance companies to cover them based on doctor’s orders. While it isn’t likely, it is at least possible and should be explored before you make your purchase of a low-cost alternative, especially if you suffer from back pain or sleeping disorders.
Put some of this information to use as you look for cheaper Sleep Number beds.