Philanthropists Giving Away Money to the Needy Families: Who are they?
Philanthropists giving away money to the needy families are considered as the modern day good Samaritans. Rich people ranging from businessmen, infamous celebrities to world renowned authors have their own way of helping people in need. However, you cant just approach them and directly ask them for help. You have to know their foundations to acquire help or financial support. Aside from that, you should also be aware of the programs they offer. Some would provide scholarships while others hand-out commodities. With that being said, here are some philanthropists and their foundations or programs offered to those in need.
Types of assistance or programs given to the needy
Organizations and foundations funded by philanthropists have different types of programs given to those in need. Some foundations may have two or more programs available.
- Business grants As of today, employment is a major issue. Thus, programs such as MillerCoors Urban Entrepreneur Series are financial assistance given to individuals who want to start a business and be their own boss. Aside from that, women can also rely on Womens Financial Fund Business Grants to acquire some capital when starting a business.
- Medical expenditures Some medical conditions can drain ones bank account. With that being said, organizations such as Gibson Foundation can help you financially. However, most foundations today are centralized in helping patients with curable diseases. Most funds regarding medicine are given to researches to find cure to incurable illnesses.
- Personal emergencies – Most organizations today are focused in helping low income families. Whether it is in regards to utility bills, employment, commodities or accommodations, they can help you. Most common organizations are Red Cross and many more.
- Scholarships As you know, education is not cheap. For those who cant afford it, you can always apply for scholarships and grant programs funded by philanthropists giving away money to the needy families offered by various organizations. However, keep in mind that strict qualifications are required and should be maintained.
As of today, there are hundreds of wealthy individuals that donate or fund numerous organizations. Some established foundations are named after them. To name a few, here is a list of the widely known modern day good Samaritans.
- Oprah Winfrey She is world renowned celebrity and considered as one of the richest person in the world. But, she shares her wealth to those in need. Her foundation, Oprahs Angel Network is known for shelters for women, youth centers and scholarship programs.
- Bill Gates and Melinda Gates The family name Gates is famous in the computer industry. Being known as the worlds richest person for years, they help the poor through their foundation named after them. Basically, this foundation provides financial assistance. Aside from that, they are also known to provide scholarships and funding for public health activities all over the world.
- J.K Rowling Being an author of a hit book series, she was considered as todays richest author. As of today, she has established two organizations namely Volant Charitable Trust and One Parent Families that help poor people.
There are more philanthropists giving away money to the needy families that you can seek for financial assistance from and it only takes a bit of research to find them.