The iPhone is a line of smartphones designed and marketed by Apple Inc. It runs Apple’s iOS mobile operating system. The first generation iPhone was released on June 29, 2007; the most recent iPhones, the seventh-generation iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S, were introduced on September 10, 2013.
With millions of devices in use, the ground-breaking device has paved the way for an entire generation of smart phones.
You may think you know alot about the iPhone, but the following article reveals some little-known facts which you may find interesting.
Nowadays, there are seven generations of iPhone models.
10 things what you probably didn’t know about the iPhone:
1. The first iPhone was invented in 1983! Naturally, this wasnt anything like the rectangular cell phone we know today. It was a land line phone with, instead of a touch screen, a built in stylus controlled interface.
2. In 2013, the iPhone5 is faster than desktop computers from 10 years ago.
3. One third of U.S. High School students now have iPhones.
4. After just five years, the iPhone is now available in over 100 countries.
5. In 2012, Apple sold 125.000.000 Iphones.
6. iPhones can survive falls of over 13,000 feet. A skydiver lost his iPhone 4 in midair after jumping from 13,500 feet. Using a GPS tracking app, Jarrod McKinney was able to locate his runaway phone a half mile away on top of a building. Thankfully the phone landed on a building and not on a persons head, or McKinney would be in a lot of trouble. The screen was cracked, but not only was he able to track it down, he was also still able to answer incoming calls with it!
7. Apple’s App Store has sold 50 billion apps.
8. All advertisements for the iPhone show a time of 9:42.
9. Apple currently has 1298 mobile patents.
10. As of September 2013, Apple has sold an estimated 387.446.000 iPhones.
What do you think about this article?