Nintendo 3DS is a breakthrough in portable entertainment, which can produce amazing 3D graphics without special glasses, as well as taking 3D pictures and watching 3D videos. It features two screens, a 3D Depth Slider to control the level of 3D effects, a Circle Pad to provide a full 360 degrees of direction, a built-in Motion Sensor and Gyro Sensor which can react to the motion and tilt of the system, three cameras, and Wi-Fi connectivity. It will be available in the US in-stores and online on March 27, 2011 priced at $250, with two colors to choose from: Aqua Blue or Cosmo Black.
Nintendo claimed it will offer 30 apps and games between the 3DS system launch by the end of March and the 2011 Electronic Entertainment Expo in early June. The list of 3D games includes:
- Steel Diver: Steel Diver is a new action-packed submarine combat game that immerses players in amazing 3D environments. Branching paths, split-second decisions and attacks from enemy ships made for a thrilling undersea adventure. One of the most interesting launch titles, since it makes use of the 3DS gyroscope.
- Asphalt 3D: The most realistic, immersive racing experience yet, utilizing a wide range of high-performance cars and race through 17 exotic locations with the 3DS accelerometer.
- Ridge Racer 3D: The racing world with brand new features, including a breathtaking stereoscopic 3D visuals, a wider variety of machines, new environments, expanded customization and updated drift mechanics.
- Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D: Characters begin the fight for their lives using a host of devastating weapons, and defeat countless enemies in a race against the clock.
- Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Shadow Wars: Experience eye-popping 3D scenes and in-game effects, where enemies and objects appear to be jumping out at you, and use the touch screen for quick and easy mini-map navigation.
- Kid Icarus: Uprising: It is a fast-paced and action-packed blend of aerial and ground-based shooting.
- PilotWings Resort: Put yourself in the pilot seat and explore Wuhu Island by plane, hang glider and rocket belt. Check out the ship, lighthouse, and spindly wind turbines along the horizon below.
- Madden NFL Football: Three types of play options provide the right amount of depth for every player, whether a Madden NFL rookie or an All-Pro.
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 3D: Enjoy the soccer game with hefty modes and competitions including the UEFA Champions League and prominent Master League.
- Nintendogs + Cats: Cute puppies and kittens which react to real-life movements, even jumping up to lick you as you lean in. Pets can recognize you, but won’t be as kind to strangers. In addition, watch your puppy play on your own dining room table with the Nintendo 3DS augmented-reality feature.
- Super Monkey Ball 3D: Join AiAi and friends as you tilt and roll your way in to the world of 3D where everyone’s favorite monkeys are jumping out of the screen with excitement. Lose yourself in each vibrant world as you twist, turn and aim to collect every banana in the fastest time possible. Play with friends and be the first to cross the finish line in Monkey Race or get ready for a Monkey Fight.
- Combat of Giants: Dinosaurs 3D: The player is thrilled in an immersive 3D cataclysmic Jurassic world.
- Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars: It combines the epic stories and iconic characters from the Star Wars universe and hit animated TV series Star Wars: The Clone Wars with all-new gaming features.
Some other titles: Super Street Fighter IV 3D, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D, Dead or Alive Dimensions, Star Fox 64 3D, Bust-A-Move Universe, Samurai Warriors Chronicles, The Sims 3, Animal Crossing, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Mario Kart, and Paper Mario.