I can’t explain why, but magnets are fascinating. Even in my late 20s I still find wonder and amazement at the power of magnets. It’s no wonder that there are so many wonderful magnetic toys for kids on the market these days. Here are five of the best magnetic toys for toddlers.
Magnetic Toys for Toddlers
- When I’m looking for toys for my children, I want to buy something that will hold their attention for the longest time possible. This Magformers Magnetic Building Construction Set does just that! You will get magnetic squares and triangles for endless building possibilities. My son will sit and play with these for an hour. That is a big deal for a three year old. Kids really use their imagination with this toy and practice hand/eye coordination while building masterpieces
- This Magneatos 36 Pc. set of magnetic building toys is one of our favorites. They have a set of these at our local children’s museum and the kids go crazy over this toy. The toy has magnetic cylinders and balls that stick together so that you can build lots of neat creations.
- The Melissa & Doug Magnetic Wooden Alphabet has a set of capital and lowercase letters in bright primary colors. My 3 year old son loves to build words with this set. My 1 year old is learning letter recognition when I tell her the name of the letter she is holding.
- Fishing games are always a popular choice to entertain children. Magnetic fishing toys take lots of concentration and practice, so it’s great for children to learn and have fun. This Melissa & Doug Deluxe 10-Piece Magnetic Fishing Game is a really sturdy, high quality game that we love in our house.
- My 3 year old is recently fascinated by shapes. We bought this Melissa & Doug Deluxe Wooden Magnetic Pattern Blocks Set for him and he loves it. He spends an hour building and creating with the magnetic shapes. It is so fun to see what their little minds will create!