A swimming pool greatly enhances the appeal of a house. In addition, it is a one-time investment that will give you a place to relax with your family in the summers or arrange fun pool parties for your friends. Swimming pools are a source of relief especially in a place like Studio City, Los Angeles, where the summers are hot and dry.
If you want to construct a swimming pool in your house, here at some pointers that you should consider before starting:
1. Decide on the type of pool that will suit your needs: There are many kinds of pools that you can pick from, like an outdoor inground pool, an endless pool, a jacuzzi pool, an outdoor above ground pool and an indoor inground pool. Each of them comes with their own pros and cons. For example, an indoor inground pool is costly but it is much less vulnerable to outdoor climate factors such as dust winds, heavy rains, etc.
2. Price check: Different pools come at different prices depending on their style and location. An indoor pool costs much more than an outdoor one. Other factors that influence pricing are soil condition, circulation system, accessories, etc. Some contractors offer discounts in off-season; you can avail that as well.
3. The zone factor: Swimming pools have to adhere to building and zoning regulations like any other remodeling work. A pool must be constructed at adequate distances from property lines, sewer lines, septic tanks, and things of that nature. Different areas have different rules concerning pool construction. So, one must apply for approval and begin work only when all the permits are in place.
4. Safety concerns: A pool will require a safety barricade around it, necessarily so if there are young children in the house. Pool chemicals should be balanced regularly so that chances of infection are minimized. Safety equipment should be conveniently placed so that one can access it quickly in case of an emergency.
5. Keep your pool happy for long: While planning for a pool, one should also consider the regular expenses that will have to be made towards the maintenance. Some things that have to be regularly taken care of are the pH balance, alkalinity, chorine content, etc. An outdoor swimming pool needs special care in changing weather. Also, it is more prone to accumulating surface dirt. A healthy pool will also have to kept free from microbial growth.
There are many swimming pool services offered in Beverly Hills for maintenance that can ease your job. A swimming pool will serve you for long if it is taken care of regularly. With a good plan and maintenance measure, you can be assured that it will become the spot for many of your happy memories.