Available Single Parent Low Income Grants
There are various available single parent low income grants. Depending on your needs, you can apply for a housing grant, emergency assistance, educational grant and many more. These grants are only given to single parent that are in extreme need of financial support. As you know parenthood is not an easy task. What more for single parents? Thus, it is imperative that every single parent who has a low income should learn their options regarding grant money and other types of financial support.
Educational grants for single parents
In order to provide your kids with a good life, education is necessary, especially today that almost every job description requires a college degree. For that reason, numerous grants are offered for single parents who wish to continue and acquire a college diploma.
- Pell Grant This grant is the most common financial aid provided to students from low income families including single parents. However, only limited universities award this grant. The good thing is it is applicable for almost all bachelors degree courses.
- Moms Return to School Another grant offered to single mothers who want to continue their higher education is this grant. Established by President Obama, this educational grant can provide you as high as $10,000.
- Academic Competitiveness Grant This type of grant can aid single parents during their first two years of college. Thus, only those who are under the freshman and sophomore year can apply for this grant.
- Smart Grant This grant on the other hand aids single parents who are under their third and fourth year of college.
- The Teach Grant This type of grant is available for single parents who want to pursue a career in the education sector.
There are other scholarships and grants that you can find in the internet. With a thorough research, you will be able to find several grants that would help you finish your education.
Housing grants for single parents
Most single parent low income grants that can finance ones housing are offered by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). One common example is The Shelter Plus Care Program. You can apply if your income falls under the below average rate determined in your area.
If you are having financial problems regarding your rent, numerous organizations such as Habitat for Humanity and Nehemiah Foundations can offer you some grant money. Non-profit organizations such Salvation Army and Red Cross can also help you financially with your rents.
Aside from grant money, there other programs that can help you stabilize your income. Self-sufficiency programs for example help single parents to find a job and purchasing a house. For individuals who want to pursue a career in the culinary industry can take free courses at Second Helpings.
A life of a single parent is hard. But, with the help of numerous organizations and government agencies, you can cope with todays crisis. However, keep in mind that these grants are only temporary. You have to find a stable job that would support your necessities. For that reason, you have to take advantage of the educational grants and finish your education. With that being said, you can find more information regarding single parent low income grants by inquiring at any mentioned institutions.