Cheap and gaming are not two words often used together, so finding the best cheap gaming laptop can be a tricky task. There are certain features you want your laptop to have in order to play the games you love—without them the laptop will die quickly and you will have wasted your money.
There are three things the computer you select MUST HAVE or an epic fail is in your future. All three of those items cost money, which is why gaming computers get expensive. Those three things are:
- the right processing power
- enough storage space to play the game
- the right graphics/video card.
Toshiba Satellite S855-S5170 15.6-Inch Laptop
Great graphics, good speed, perfect for multi-tasking. Toshiba makes a solid perfomring laptop perfect for games, video and movies.
Again, driver updates may be necessary. AMD Radeon graphics card makes this a good choice. Great price for a gaming laptop.
Check out reviews for the Toshiba laptop here.
Here is where to begin your personal quest:
- Identify the games you want to be able to play on the gaming laptop.
- Read all the computer requirements the manufacturer gives for each of those games.
- Identify all the requirements for the processing power required, the storage needed to play and the types of video cards that work with the game.
- Compare each of those items across the games you selected and choose the highest of each required. For instance, if one game needs a 2.8 ghz processor and another needs a 2.4, you will need a laptop with 2.8ghz or higher to be able to play all your games on that laptop. Likewise, if one game needs 5gb of storage to play and another need 10gb or higher, go with the higher storage requirement.
Lenovo IdeaPad Y500
The Lenovo IdeaPad Y500 is sold as an extreme gaming laptop. The computer is built for speed, utilizes fast booting, beautiful graphics, and facilitate quick data transfers.
Perfect for gaming, movies or anythig graphics based. Reviewers like the processing speed and say that heat distribution is great. Gaming works best when plugged in to outlet.
Reviewers rave over the quality of the graphics, but do advise the need for driver updates to really rock this one. Read Lenovo Ideapad reviews for here.
Ways Around Requirements
To get a really cheap gaming laptop, you may need to revaluate the games you want to play on the laptop.
- Drop the game with the higher priced requirements and the list of laptops available increases.
- You can also focus on refurbished laptops that meet your gaming needs. Refurbished laptops with high-end components are generally cheaper than buying new.
Acer Aspire V3-771G-6485
Good gaming laptop for the price! Perfect for flash games that don’t typically slow a computer down. Probably not great for running Battlefield 3 or Crysis 3 on high settings, but could be okay when the games aren’t maxed out.
A reviewer says she plays Defiance and World of Warcraft on this laptop with no problem. Extra ports, including HDMI, makes adding peripherals like mice or larger keyboards possible. For more information on the features click here.
Still looking for best cheap gaming laptop?
Searching for the perfect gaming laptop can be a life long obsession. Adding a dollar figure to your search will limit the results to what you can afford.
If you want to see more Best Cheap Gaming Laptops on Amazon, check these out.