What are the best Key West Resorts for your money and where are they?
The Florida keys is the place to go for some of the best vacations ever according to those who’ve been there. They call it the American Caribbean because you won’t need a passport to see beautiful sunsets and a way of life that may just suck you in and try to keep you there. Many people have moved to the keys after visiting and some have been there for years and years. They now call Key West their home. But, if you are just taking a short break away from the craziness of everyday life, and the keys are your destination, come along on this journey with me to find some of the best Key West resorts in this place that is only 90 miles from Cuba! Here are some of the top picks:
- Just a block from the famous Duval Street is the Santa Maria Suites, a beautiful resort with two story villas and luxurious 1 & 2 bedroom suites. Follow the next link for a video tour of this resort. You will love the scenery and the never ending smoothies they serve poolside. There’s lots more too and if you want something very close to the major excitement of Key West but yet in the quieter area away from craziness, this may be the resort for you.
- Southernmost Hotel in the USA is also at the far end of Duval street and yet you can still stroll to the action. It’s right across from the beach and very near all kinds of shops and places to eat. You have access to the private pools and even the topless beach so if that is your thing, then no worries there. Southernmost actually has about 4 hotels in the area and so if this one is full, there’s always a chance you can get a resort room somewhere!
- The Pier House & Spa offers you the promise of an authentic taste of Key West when you stay with them. They have rooms with a luscious view and delicious sunsets from suites that show you the graciousness of this beautiful place. They try to keep it “Old Caribbean” style. Take a look at their website, which will make you want to plan your trip now! They have a lot of offers and packages to fit your needs. This is one of my favorites and best Key West resorts ever and I’ll warn you now, they are a bit pricey!
If you are looking for the best Key West Resorts nearest to Mallory Square, I’ve got the ones for you!
- Hyatt Sunset Harbor Resort is very close to Mallory Square, where everyone goes to see the incredible sunset each night. Filled with vendors, muscians and more, you will feel like a part of the keys when you experience a sunset from the pier. This resort is actually on Sunset Lane! It is non-smoking and check if there is a resort fee here. But it’s more than worth it to be able to spend time so close to Old Town Key West.
- The Westin Key West is a full service 4 diamond resort where you can sip wine from the balcony when the cruise ships come in. If you look out over the pier you will see a small island that is also owned by Westin. You can take a boat to the island and enjoy private beaches and even dining there before returning back to the mainland. You can also stay there overnight if you’d like to, but get our your cash.
Most of these resorts are all within walking distance of Duval Street and some above were right in the heart of Old Town. But if you can’t afford the cost of staying too close, then there are other places further away. You will just have to drive a few miles (remember this island is not that big) or you can take a bus, cab or even rent a bicylce.
You can find a list of other hotels and resorts at the Florida Keys & Key West official website. I wrote another article about cheap hotels in the Florida Keys that not only includes Key West but other places like Islamorada and the famous Cheeca Lodge, a resort that has won some amazing awards. Whether you are looking for expensive or cheap, the best Key West Resorts are found anywhere in the American Caribbean!
Here’s a video of a place we stayed right as you entered Key West on Rosevelt Blvd. I believe it was called the Blue Lagoon. I was a bit shaky trying to walk and get a video of a crane. I said it was the palms resort but it was the Blue Lagoon. The best Key West resorts are everywhere, you just have to do a bit of research to find them!