Choosing the Best Leather Sofa for the Money Youre Spending
As you know, leather sofas are very expensive thus choosing the best leather sofa for the money youre spending is a very delicate matter. Once youve purchased its not what youve expected, chances of replacing it soon is slim. With that being said, before purchasing one, you should first extensively research everything about leather sofas. For that reason, this article would provide you with details on choosing the best leather sofa for you.
Types of leather sofas and their characteristics
As mentioned earlier, before purchasing a leather sofa, you should find out everything about it. Thus, to give you a basis in your search for the best leather sofa for the money youre spending, here are the characteristics of a high quality leather sofa.
- Full aniline leather This type of leather material is considered as natural leather. It is characterized as soft to stroke. However, this material is prone to moisture since it is uncoated making it less durable. Furthermore, this can be very costly.
- Pull-up aniline leather Basically, this type of leather material is identical with the full aniline leather. But, it is coated with wax or oil. This is less expensive but it is easily stained. In addition to that, its treated layer fades over time.
- Semi-aniline leather Unlike the two previously mentioned leather material, this type of leather is more durable and easier to clean. It is treated with a special dye and sealed in a thin layer making it slightly shiny.
- Pigmented leather Leather pigmentation is basically done to hide marks, stains or imperfections. This type of leather material is treated with a special opaque pigment. Like the semi-aniline leather, this is also more durable and easy to clean compared to its counterparts.
- Grained leather This type of leather material has a suede appearance. It is actually an aniline leather that is brushed to bring forth a smooth and texture. This type of leather is the hardest to maintain and clean.
Tips in choosing the best leather sofa
Once youve learned about the different types of leather material used in sofas and its grading system, you would be able to opt for the best in terms of quality, appeal and durability. As of today, Italian leather sofa is considered as the most durable and high quality leather sofa sold.
Before searching for the best sofa for you, determine and measure the allotted space first. This will ensure that youre purchasing the right size sofa for your homes. In addition to that, you should also consider your homes design. Leather sofas are currently sold in various colors such as black, white, grey and brown.
During your leather sofa shopping process, try every sofa you like if it is relaxing and comforting. You can ask any sales representative to help you decide which is best for you. Keep in mind that your comfort comes first than any other criterions. But, to be able to purchase the best leather sofa for the money youre going to spend, following the tips mentioned above would give you a better perceptive.