If you are searching for the best pressure cooker for canning then you should consider the Presto 1781 23-Quart Aluminum Pressure Cooker/Canner. It’s a premium quality item that enables you to utilize it both as a big pressure cooker as well as a pressure canner for a variety of ingredients – particularly low-acid foods, where pressure canning is the sole healthy way to use based on the USDA. This item has achieved lots of sales and is among the top selling kitchen cooking equipment of its category. However would it be really worth its cost?
Things To Search For In A Pressure Cooker And Pressure Canner
* Aluminum Vs. Stainless Steel: The first heats up effectively and charges less, however stainless steel is going to survive for a longer time.
* Size: Almost all pressure cookers demand additional room for steam to accumulate, which you need to take into account when you are making your decision.
* Pressure regulator: Different cookers feature various methods of specifying the current pressure and maintaining the pressure within a specific range.
* Safety and Security: Pressure could be hazardous; therefore it is recommended that you pick a cooker/canner with built-in protection.
* Manufacturer’s Warranty: It will be a good idea to seek a ten year or more manufacturer’s warranty.
* Cooking Rack: Picking cookers with a cooking rack will let you prepare food above the water.
* Carrying Handles: More substantial pressure cookers will likely demand handles on both sides so that you can carry them conveniently and comfortably.
Top Features Of This Cooker/Canner
* Twenty three qt. size pressure cooker/ canner,
* Supports twenty pint jars/ seven quart jars,
* Manufactured from very strong warp-resistant aluminum,
* Stay-cool carrying handles,
* Sturdy lock steel lid,
* Works extremely well on both standard and smooth-top ranges,
* Pressure gauge enables you to maintain a steady pressure on auto-pilot,
* Air vent and cover lock meaning that pressure is going to only accumulate after the cover is appropriately closed,
* Includes cooking/ canning shelf to let liquid move beneath jars,
* Guidelines and recipe manual,
* Twelve year manufacturer’s warranty.
Advantages Of Choosing This Cooker/Canner
A lot of buyers have talked about this item and the general experience is positive and encouraging. On the whole, shoppers are expressing how good this performs as a pressure cooker and canner. The truth that it features double use as a safe and secure canner for low-acid foodstuff and a big pressure cooker which really makes it worth the cash it’ll cost, especially when taking into account that it is supported by a superb twelve year manufacturer’s warranty.
A lot of folks are watchful about pressure canning because of the health and safety concerns, however luckily it includes a variety of safety and security options to avoid any risky conditions. An overpressure plug is made to relieve pressure if it becomes too high, and this pressure cooker restricts the pressure to 15psi (a crucial safety and security option to consider in any pressure cooker). The cover is secured when being in use and it cannot be opened till the pressure has been down. All these features together help make it one of the best pressure cookers for canning.
The Downsides Of This Presto Canner
This really is a 23-quart pressure cooker, which means that it is big enough to be used for canning. Since the pressure canner is sizeable, it cans twenty pints at any given time. The unavoidable downside will be that the canner is large and pretty heavy.
You can find several mixed reviews with regards to the capacity of the canner. Quite a few buyers have stated that they were only capable of using it for eighteen pints, instead of the marketed twenty. Others, nevertheless, have mentioned that they can easily fit twenty pints.
If you will mostly utilize it as a pressure cooker, take into account that cookers that are smaller in size will likely be less expensive than this one. Nevertheless, the Presto 1781 23-Quart Aluminum Pressure Cooker/Canner is highly reputed and advised when considering canning both high and low-acid food items.