More than 50 suits have been filed so far in the case against Xarelto. These cases have targeted the manufacturer, Bayer, as well as the marketing company, Janssen Pharmaceuticals. Consumers feel they were misled by these companies about the side effects of blood thinner, Xarelto. Because of minimal severe side effects warnings, many users suffered severe bleeding or watched their families suffer. In some cases the bleeding was so severe it caused the user to perish.
If you are thinking of filing a lawsuit against Bayer or Janssen Pharmaceuticals, the following are good reasons to begin the search for a Lawyer for your case:
- A loved one suffering the dangerous side effects of Xarelto has been in your care for an extended period of time leading to emotional stress.
- Medical bills have piled up from you or a loved one suffering from sever Xarelto side effects.
- You or a loved one lost their job or did not receive pay because of extended time taken off work for medical complications experienced from Xarelto use.
- You suffered financially, paying for the funeral of a loved one who passed from severe Xarelto complications.
- Youre ready to make Bayer and Janssen Pharmaceuticals pay for releasing a dangerous drug to market without putting in adequate research.
- Youre ready to hold Bayer and Janssen Pharmaceuticals responsible for releasing Xarelto to market without providing adequate safety warnings.
The Xarelto case is a product liability case similar to the Pradaxa case of 2014. Pradaxa, another dangerous blood thinner with minimal warnings, compensated victims upwards of $650 million. The victims of Xarelto are expected to receive similar compensation.
The severe side effects experienced by victims of Xarelto included bleeding from the brain, bleeding from the rectum, bleeding from the abdomen/intestine, and hemorrhaging. If you or a loved one experienced these symptoms, its time to take action against the companies that should be held responsible.
In your search for a Lawyer, it is important to find someone that has dealt with product liability suits before. Inquire about past cases the Lawyer handled and whether they have handled cases similar to Xarelto. Xarelto is a multi-district litigation case. Since there are so many similar cases, an expert judge in a single district is handling all cases to deal with them more efficiently and get victims compensated at a faster rate. If possible, you might want to work with a Lawyer who has handled a multi-district litigation previously. This would ensure they are an expert on the required proceedings for such a case.
Most of all, you want to find a Lawyer who is sensitive to your case. Whether it was you or your loved one suffering from the effects of Xarelto, you have surely been through a lot. Youll want a Lawyer who is understanding and will fight for your case as you fought through the harsh health conditions.