Usually, martial arts are considered to be synonymous with self-defense. However, we experience a life full of unpredictability, thus a self-defense technique may come in handy in some threatening situations. In such rare occurrence this form of art may be resorted to fighting back.
The karate academy in San Antonio is a good ground to master these skills. In a pre-arranged situation, the method of instruction aims to imbibe into the student the techniques without incurring any harm to a fellow trainee. Thus, the emphasis is on learning the techniques in a defensive mode rather that as an aggressive one. The art is therefore nurtured even among the very young one.
1. Assessment of the situation: One must be actively aware of the environment. You must observe access to elements/ weapons, what can help him and what can cause harm. Especially he must be conscious of the opponent, his strengths and weaknesses. A little light upon the onlooker, escape routes can be helpful too.
2. The three-foot rule must be adhered to: As the assailant proceeds towards you, the message about his action of attack is conveyed to you and thus you must get prepared to counter the same proactively. Both the involved parties can harm each other once the three-foot distance is violated.
3. Initial non-threatening posture: Your body language i.e the eye movement, body motions, vocal intonation should not reveal your intentions. An intimidating look from the very beginning would allow the opponent to assess you and thus react accordingly and successfully. Thus, a deceptive look in the beginning can catch him unaware. Later you can attack him with your total vigour.
4. Surprise Element: One must adopt a secret strategy which is not too obvious. You must plan your moves in an unpredictable way so that the assailant can be least prepared. Hit when and where it is least expected.
5. Close Strike: It is suggested that one must use the closest device to strike the closest target. In such instances, you get the opportunity of landing consistent blows thus not allowing the opponent the chance to respond.
6. High-low principle: As we claimed earlier these commandments have to be used in synergy to create the best impact. The high-low principle is related to the surprise element. Concurrent attacks aimed at different levels will result in an awkward situation for the opponent thus gaining you advantage. So, alternative high line and low line technique can be immensely helpful.
7. Forward movement: It is a general fact that forward movement is quicker than backward movement. Therefore, if you apply this principle in putting the opponent on the back foot you can emerge as the winner. You can drive the opponent back using forward pressure thus disrupting both his mental focus and physical balance.
Though it is always advisable to avoid violence but the knowledge of martial arts can relieve you from some intimidating situations in life. In fact if the assailant follows the first commandment, he may not dare to trouble you. Thus empower you kids at preschool martial arts San Antonio.