Which Type of Non Stick Cookware should we buy?
It is always a worry when you buy new non stick cookware for your kitchen. I have to admit I do like using non stick cookware but became very disappointed with the way the Teflon coating started to disappear after a short time.
Finding the right one to suit you is not easy these days as companies promise so much then when we have a problem they no longer want to speak to us.
That is why I decided to do a review of the following:
Review of Cuisinart Gourmet Teflon Skillets
I bought the Cuisinart 722-911 NS Chefs classic 2 piece stainless nonstick skillets after using mine now for six months. I purchased the 9 and 11 skillets.
Over the years I have bought and thrown out so many Teflon articles during my lifetime because the Teflon has disappeared from the inside of the cookware. I hope you realize where most of that Teflon has gone; yes in your stomach. During that time I have finally worked out, in my opinion the best way to look after my Teflon cookware and increase its lifetime use.
How to look after Cuisinart chefs classic skillets
As you can see in the photo, my Cuisinart skillets are still in good condition after six months use. I believe that is because I have finally learned how to look after non stick Teflon products.
Do’s for using Teflon products
- When you receive your Cuisinart chefs classic skillets you need to give them a good wash in hot soapy water.
- Use silicone utensil products with Teflon cookware
- Use a small amount of oil in pan when needed. Beware not to let the oil burn.
- After cooking, wipe out with a damp paper towel or soft cloth, then wash in warm soapy water.
Dont’s for using Teflon products
- Never ever cook chops or anything with bones in your Teflon products. They will scratch and chip the Teflon Use a stainless steel pan to cook anything with sharp bits, like chicken or meat bones in them.
- Never use any metal knives, forks,whisks or egg slices.
- Do not put a hot pan into cool water or on cold surface let it cool down naturally as it will warp the pan or cookware.
- Control the heat do not let things burn as it will be harder to clean.
- Never stack other cookware on top of Teflon coated cookware.
- Make sure lids fit correct, if not it will scratch the Teflon edges.
- Avoid washing in dishwasher, although many products say dishwasher safe.
Benefits of using Cuisinart skillets and cookware
Cuisinart cookware is a hard aluminum skillet with a scratch resistant non stick ceramic base.
It is safe to use in the oven or on all cook top surfaces. It is free of PTFE and PFOA and has superior heat conductivity which saves on energy use. The handles have a heavier handle which stays cool to the touch.
These Cuisinart skillets are great for cooking anything as long as there is nothing sharp like bone in it. I bought these because they have a solid handle which stays cool and a heavy solid base.
I believe that if you follow the above suggestions with any type of non stick products that yours will also last you a lot longer to cook wonderful meals for years to come. So please take care of your Cuisinart Stainless nonstick cookware/skillets/griddles
You may still prefer to buy another brand like Flavor-stone Cookware