Daniel Padilla has branched out beyond acting. He is now a recording artist with a few of his songs already certified as hits in the Philippines. The son of actor Rommel Padilla and nephew of action star Robin Padilla, Daniel debuted as an actor in 2010 in a television series called Gimik 2010. From there, he went on to appear in a series of TV shows that include Growing Up and Princess and I. In 2012, the actor went into recording, with his first studio album being released in the same year under the label Star Records. The album was self-titled and it contained seven tracks, most of which are covers of popular Filipino love songs. The carrier single in the album is Daniel’s rendition of a song Hinahanap-Hanap Kita by the rock band Rivermaya.
Daniel Padilla Songs List
1. Ako’y Sayo At Ika’y Akin Lamang by Iaxe: This song is an original by Filipino rock band Iaxe. It is a track from the band’s 1994 album. The album contained eight tracks. These are Buhay, Jenny, Walk With You, Sigaw ng mga Bata, Summertime, and of course Ako’s Sayo Ika’y Akin Lamang.
2. Grow Old With You by Adam Sandler: This tune became very popular when it was featured in the romantic comedy movie The Wedding Singer which starred Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore. Sandler’s character sang it in the movie’s airplane scene, one of the best parts of the film.
3. Hinahanap-Hanap Kita by Rivermaya: This is one of the most popular rock songs ever in the Philippine music scene.
4. Pagsubok by Orient Pearl: When the song Pagsubok came out in the 90’s, it quickly turned into one of the most popular songs of that decade. The song pretty much catapulted the band Orient Pearl to national stardom.
5. Paniwalaan Mo by VST and Co.: A well-known Filipino love song, this tune has been covered by a lot of Pinoy artists including Brownman Revival, Yeng Constantino and Vic Sotto.
6. Prinsesa by 6CycleMind: This is a song from 6CycleMind’s album called Home.
When asked which singer he looks up to the most, Padilla mentioned the very popular Canadian crooner Michael Buble. If you want to listen to Daniel Padilla songs, you can purchase his debut album in record bars and music stores all over the Philippines. The album was released in May of 2012. If you can’t find a record bar near you, you can always buy the songs online in digital and MP3 formats. There are several online music stores today that caters to original Filipino music. Just search for the name of the artist or the title of the record album to see if what you are looking for is available.