Constipation is a common term among people. Most of us suffer from the problem of hard motion due to our lifestyle pattern that affect our liver as well as intestine.It leads to irregular indigestion that may result in painful defecation and sometimes blood-stool. Some factors that may cause constipation are hormonal imbalance, lack of nutritious food, anatomical problem and side effects of drugs. Excessive intake of junk and fast foods also work behind improper bowel motion. So in order to get rid of constipation one must go with some natural home remedies that are helpful enough to get a healthy body and proper stool.
Though every individual may have different reasons leading to the problem of constipation and according to the nature of the cause the treatment should be determined still there are some common preventive actions that can be taken to avoid constipation effectively and permanently like:
Drink plenty of water. It helps to make your body hydrated that is recommended by doctors also.It softens the harder stool and allows the food you take to dissolve and also smoothens the digestive system. Start your day by drinking a glass of water and try to take 6-8 glasses of water regularly. But remember not to overdo it. Sometimes it is called as water-therapy against constipation.
Proper exercise is also effective in keeping a proper health. It is necessary for a smooth flow of blood through all the systems in your body and easier digestion. It is required for clear bowel and balanced movement of your body organs. You can also opt for Yoga for the same purpose.
- Try to have one or two glasses of apple juice on a daily basis as it is a natural ingredient that cleans the stomach and helps in digestion. Along with it you can add Orange or Prune juice during your breakfast to make it more effective.
- There are some other natural products that are thought to be ideal for clear elimination. Honey is one of them. Take 1 tablespoon of honey more than once in a day and it will make wonders.
- Lemon is used as a natural home remedy against constipation. Squeeze a lemon and add it to a glass of warm water with equal amount of raw salt. Try to have it in the early morning with an empty stomach to get the desired result.
- Fiber is considered as a natural treatment for clear bowel. People take fiber pills or some fresh vegetable and fruits that contain fiber. Apple is a fruit rich in fiber and vitamins that is said to be an anti-constipation treatment.Eat one apple everyday to provide your body the necessary fiber.
- Papaya is another fruit that contains fiber.Therefore eat half a papaya in your breakfast with empty stomach for best result. Guava,again is high in fiber and hence helps to prevent constipation.You can also make a tasty salad with apple,guava and papaya and other fruits for the same benefit.
- One of the most well-known product to relieve constipation is castor oil. Take one or two teaspoon of castor oil regularly as it empties both the bowels and intestine,clears out the bowel by producing more bile in liver. Try to consult with a doctor before taking it as overdose can complicate the body system.
- Methi is a seed that can be available in any house to prevent constipation and diabetes. Add one teaspoon of Methi into one glass of water and leave it overnight. When you get up in the morning have it in empty stomach.It is a cheaper treatment and consists of fiber and also ideal for diseases of nerves and joints.
Another easy and interesting way to get rid of constipation is Acupressure. It may sound strange but it is quite effective if applied properly. Both our right and left hands have their pressure points in the middle of the palm. Use the blunt side of a pen or your hand to press the points. Press for a second and release. Continue this process for at least 2 minutes on both the hands. Do it thrice a day and you will see the difference within 4 to 5 days.
More home remedies:
Home remedies for cough