If youre not on the internet, youre not in business. Thats how digital marketings significance is described; and its a fact. In the current era of e-commerce and social media, if businesses do not have a digital identity, they are essentially losing out on considerable amount of their prospects. A critical question that most businesses come across is if they consider hiring a digital agency, how can they determine which service provider is the best?
Marketing is one of the most significant and crucial aspect of a business and so is choosing a good SEO company. Owing to the vast number of service providers existent in the market, its quite a challenge to determine which one is the best. Besides, the diversity of the market is such that you could have a freelancer charging you INR 5,000 to a affordable seo services company getting it done at near about INR 25,000, for the same kind of website. So how do you judge which service provider to consider?
Its not just important to get your work done but also get it done from a source, which can be traced back to, in case of any discrepancies or fallouts. In the above case of website designing, for instance, the service provider should be able to help you keep your website updated at all times; manage your CMS, upload new product images, etc. Therefore, there are certain considerations to make when you choose a professional SEO services provider.
1. Why is there a need for hiring an outside resource for advancing or fulfilling your business goals? This is a question you need to ask when deciding on an SEO company. While businesses who have undergone the process before, call for quotations from a number of competitive service providers in the market, to decide on which one to choose; businesses who are doing it for the first time need to answer this question clearly to avoid all scopes of ambiguity.
2. To have a healthy client and service provider relationship, its important to have a clear understanding of the objectives, goals and their measurement from both ends. Clients are often seen looking at sales as their major goal but have a shallow understanding of what would be their yardsticks of measurement. Again, a lot of service provides perceive ranking as the major tool for measuring their performance. Hence, its important to lay out the measurement parameters in a crystal clear format, at the onset itself.
3. Ask the service providers to understand your companys requirements and provide recommendations to achieve goals. Undertake this process to check if the service provider can implement what you have asked for. This will also help you understand the level of interdependence and approvals that are required by the company to perform the task that they have been assigned.
4. Different agencies specialize in different kinds of work. While some specialize in graphic designing, others in website development and still others in SEO. Again there are single companies who specialize in a variety of fields and have skilled workforces who can cater to all you digital marketing needs under a single hood. Businesses need to understand its easier to handle a single company with a single project head rather than opting for multiple companies with ten different project managers.
5. Its not just important to have a good service provider to fulfill your needs but you also need to ensure that the good work done by them is sustained by you in case you plan to disengage with them in future. Hence plan your moves accordingly.
Companies also need to look at their own resources to see if the consulting that they are undertaking from a good service provider is feasible for them. Its essential to look at ones own resources and operations first to see if the consultation that is being paid for, can actually be implemented on your end.
What are your takes on the considerations that need to be taken while choosing a professional SEO services provider? Share your thought, takes and experiences with us; wed love to hear!