If you’ve just completed your VIPRE install, then you must be very satisfied with its malware removal and blocking capabilities. A majority of tech experts believe that it is the best software security that can protect your device, network, and accounts from virtual threats. Read below to know about four common problems you may face while using this security solution on your PC.
VIPRE Internet Security suite is popular for identifying stubborn online threats, malware infections, and links that can cause major damages to your PC. The security program is an online protection suite that not only runs virus removal processes but also offers protection against leading online threats. If you’re looking for the best security software, then VIPRE has got that all with Auto Patch, Search Guard, a two-way firewall, and other features.
Completing the VIPRE install will protect you from stubborn online infections, but you will require configuring it correctly to detect and block malicious programs. Sometimes the security software may confront problems while running scans and presenting virus detection reports, so you will require troubleshooting the same to stay protected.
Read this article to know about four common problems you may face while using VIPRE’s Internet Security suite and learn quick tips to resolve them:
Probelm1: Error 1605 Appears While Attempting to Uninstall VIPRE
You may get the “Error 1605: This action is only valid for products that are currently installed” error message while trying to uninstall VIPRE. The cause for the occurrence of the error is that there are still some registries of the previous VIPRE uninstall existing on your device.
Follow these tips to fix the issue without contacting VIPRE support:
- If VIPRE gets listed and you’re unable to remove it, then you will require locating these registry keys in their respective OS bit versions:
- Locate the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\” registry key on systems running on 32 bit operating systems. Or try locating the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\” registry key on PCs running on 64 bit operating systems.
- Alternatively, you can also browse to the Microsoft’s website and download the ‘Program Install and Uninstall’ tool to remove VIPRE via automation.
- When the application gets launched, select the ‘Uninstall’ option to see the list of all of the detected installed applications.
- If VIPRE gets listed, select it, and then click ‘Next.’
- Follow the instructions appearing on your screen for removing VIPRE from the machine completely.
Problem2: ‘Active Protection’ Interferes With WinZip Self Extractor
If you’ve set the ‘Active Protection’ feature to ‘Enable’ mode, then you might face problems while creating self extracting executables. The problem may occur if you try to create self extracting executables via WinZip Self Extractor. If you’re facing the same issue, then apply the following tweaks to resolve the issue right now:
- Create a directory to store your newly created executable files and set exclusion in VIPRE for this location.
- Try creating a directory at your desired location and launch VIPRE.
- Open its interface and click the ‘Manage’ tab.
- Click the ‘Always Allowed’ button, and then click the ‘Add’ option.
- Select the ‘Allow file’ option and enter the file path to the directory you’ve created.
- Once the exclusion gets created, try creating the self extracting zip files, and you’ll not experience the problem again.
Problem3: VIPRE’s Home Deep Scan Runs Longer Than Expected
While running VIPRE’s Deep scan, you may feel that it is taking more time than expected to get completed. Sometimes you may think that the scan is taking excessively long and the scan time is increasing drastically over time. The possible causes for the same could be that the application is not getting enough resources to run the deep scan, or it is experiencing conflicts with the real-time scanners. Additionally, a junk of accumulated files, interruptions from other antivirus installed on your system, and irregular system maintenance schedules can also result in delayed scan results.
Follow these tips to resolve the issue and complete your VIPRE’s Deep scan easily:
- Try enabling the ‘Rapid Scan’ option from the scheduled scan settings.
- Check and confirm that the ‘Deep Scan’ feature is not set to ‘Low priority.’
- Check and confirm that there are no conflicting real-time scanners running at that particular time.
- Perform regular computer maintenance and cleanup activities to prevent junk files from accumulating, and hard disk drive from getting frequent errors.
Problem4: VIPRE Sends a Notification Regarding a ‘New Network Found.’
You may receive the ‘VIPRE Notification: New Network Found’ whenever the application detects a new network. It is not a genuine problem but is a matter of concern if someone is trying to build a connection with your PC or security program. The arrival of this notification clearly signifies that the security suite can detect new networks that are active and your device can connect to them. If you’re getting this notification and don’t know how to deal with it, then follow these tips:
- The arrival of this notification clarifies that VIPRE is detecting your home Internet connection.
- Click the ‘Trust Location’ option in the notification window to trust the connection and VIPRE will use it for downloading necessary updates.
- If you keep on traveling and connecting to public Wi-Fi networks frequently, then click the ‘Public’ button.
VIPRE Internet Security is an excellent malware detector, blocker, and remover that can protect your device, network, and social accounts from getting infected. The tool incorporates all the latest technologies and virus removal features that can help you in getting rid of detected threats in one go. It is true that Internet threats are growing day-by-day, but security solution developers are coming up with advanced options to deal with them. You can try installing this program and use its free trial to detect infections installed on your device, before making the final purchase.