If running and other forms of physical training are part of your daily routine, you are most probably interested in free running shoes. Some people normally never spend a hundred bucks on a pair of shoes, but the free running shoes on this list are worth every penny. All of them may not be cheap, but they are reasonably priced!
Dont make the terrible mistake of believing all running shoes are similar – pay attention to brand and reviews!
If youre looking for free running shoes or just high quality comfortable shoes that would be great for either walking or running, but you are hesitant to buy shoes online, I recommend you choose from this list I wrote reviews for the top 3 (note that all the designs are available both for men and women):
The super star status goes to
Asics Gel Nimbus 12 Free Running Shoes
Asics Free Running Shoes For Men Asics Free Running Shoes For Women
- These shoes control under-pronation and spread the load across your foot evenly with support and cushioning. If it’s cushioning you want, this is your shoe.
- Because of the great anti-impact system, youll feel like walking on a cloud with Nimbus 12. These free running shoes are for a neutral runner with (slightly) higher arches. They are great for training, long distance running, avoiding injuries, and particularly well suited for high-mileage runners (running 25 miles or more a week).
- If you have a wide front foot but a narrow ankle these free running shoes are perfect for that type of foot shape.
- The tongue is comfortable so you don’t have to fidget around with it when putting on the shoes.
- Nimbus 12 shoes are shock-absorbing!
- They will and minimize discomfort to your legs and give you the firm, supported feel you need for running and everyday walking.
- If you have shin splint problems, these shoes will reduce the splints to minimum. They reduce knee pain, hip pain, ‘hot spots’ and feet soreness.
- Buying the shoes from Amazon will save you about 15%.
This may not be the ‘fastest’ running shoe out there.
Asics GT-2070 or Asics Gel Foundation running shoes
Nike Zoom Vomero +5 Free Running Shoes
Nike Free Running Shoes For Men Nike Free Running Shoes For Women
- Surprise! Nike’s done it again! Hands down one of the most comfortable and lightweight shoes!
- Youll love the cushion of these shoes – the best cushion needed for your forefoot and a wide toebox. They are the most comfortable and cushioned shoes youll probably ever wear. They are so comfortable that you might gradually turn them into your every day shoe.
- If you are not light on your feet, youll feel lighter!
- These shoes are suitable for a more comfortable and efficient run. You may dedicate yourself to more running as they will give you extra motivation.
- These free running shoes come with a little space under the shoe to put the Nike run thing for your iPhone cool, right?
- According to reviews, these free running shoes have an air zoom cushioning that can’t be beat. Awesome air flow design!
- The shoes help with my ankle and knee issues.
- Youll pay less than in any retail store youll go to.
Nike LunarGlide+ or Nike Free Run 2 running shoes
Vibram Toe Shoes M138
Vibram Running Shoes For Men Vibram Running Shoes For Women
- If you dont like wearing shoes with all the extra padding, and you naturally run up on your forefoot, these will make the perfect barefoot running shoes for you. Those who are courageous can use them as free running shoes, too but consider the possible negatives first!
- Youll soon feel the effect and benefits of barefoot walking and/or running.
- Their minimal design of simply encasing the feet in an extremely flexible and durable rubber allows the toes to sit separately instead of getting scrunched together.
- The shoe is especially suitable for short distance running.
- You will use many new muscles when you start running in them so go easy as you will probably get very sore calves.
- You should run a lot more slowly and take far softer steps than usual.
* * *
Other shoes that can be used as free running shoes:
1. Brooks Beast & Brooks Ariel
3. Merrell Barefoot Trail Glove
4. VIVOBAREFOOT Ultra
5. K-Swiss Ariake