This recipe is very tasty and easy to prepare. You can serve it with mashed potatoes, rice, or other cooked vegetables. It goes well with a salad including fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce.
Fried Cauliflower with White Sauce
- 2 heads cauliflower.
- 2 eggs.
- 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- A pinch of salt.
- 3 TBSP. of flour.
- E.g., ‘8 4oz. servings’ or ‘1 loaf’ or ‘Serves 10 People’
- 45 minutes.
- Be careful when frying the cauliflowers. They need to get a golden or light brown.
- Wash the cauliflowers and remove the leaves.
- Cook the heads of cauliflower for 15 minutes in a casserole with boiling water.
- Beat the eggs with a whisk and combine them with the flour.
- Add the pinch of salt to the mixture.
- Put the cooked cauliflower on a plate or bowl and cut it small parts, like little trees.
- Pour the mixture into the cauliflower and mix it carefully with a table spoon.
- Pour the oil on a frying pan, and preheat the oil.
- Put the small ‘little trees’ of cauliflower in the frying pan with oil, slowly.
- Fry them until they get a nice light brown colour.
- Flip them over and let the egg cook.
- Retire from the heat and serve hot.
- Pour some white sauce over the fried cauliflower.