Cookout Banana Splits
4 to 6 bananas
½ cup peanut butter
½ cup minature marshmallows
½ cup mini chocolate morsels
- Peel the bananas and slice them most of the way lengthwise, leaving the bottom of the banana attached.
- Spread the insides of the banana with peanut butter.
- Sprinkle with mini marshmallows and mini chocolate morsels.
- Wrap each banana in aluminum foil and place it on the fire or grill until the marshmallows and chocolate melt.
- Top with Maraschino cherries.
Kites – Be brave and give it a try! Stop by a local athletic or toy store and purchase a kite. Go out to a nearby field or park and work together to get the kite up in the air. Its a wonderful old pastime that will set your spirit free!
Cloud Watching – Get the sleeping bags and pillows and lay down outside in a place where you have a full view of the sky. As the clouds float by decide what they look like and make up stories about the different characters you see.
Butterflies and Buttercups You will need colored tissue paper and pipe cleaners for this craft. Cut tissue paper into 5″
by 5″ squares. Make a stack of 6-8 papers and gather the stack in the center. Wrap the pipe cleaner around the gathered center to create either a butterfly or a flower. Fluff each individual tissue sheet to create the bloom for the flower. Make several to create a bouquet.
Bird or Cloud Watching Binoculars – Start saving toilet paper tubes. Staple two together, side-by-side and you have yourself a pair of binoculars. Cover them with black construction paper and add some string or ribbon for the strap. Now you are ready for a safari.