Reedy River Falls, Greenville, SC
Greenville, SC is a great place to live, work, play, and retire. Greenville sits on US Highway 85 between Atlanta, GA (150 miles SW) and Charlotte, NC (100 miles NE). The state of SC is shaped like an upside down triangle with the bottom of the triangle bordering North Carolina, the west side of the triangle bordering Georgia and the east side along the coast of the Atlantic Ocean. Greenville is located in the Northwest corner of South Carolina in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountain Range. This area is also known as the Upstate.
There is a variety of colorful plant life in and around Greenville making the area very attractive. The area experiences four distinct seasons with a varying climate. The city might experience a Summer long heat wave (the residents say Its not the heat but the humidity) where the temperature averages in the mid nineties and a week or two of extreme cold (teens and twenties) in the winter. Two or three winter events (ice and/or snow) might close Greenville for a day or two each year depending on the severity of the event. Transplants and visitors from the north laugh at us because 3 4 inches of snow is enough to close schools and businesses. The city cant justify buying the equipment to prevent this because it doesnt occur frequently enough.
Here are just a few things that surprise a lot of people when they visit Greenville.
1. A vibrant downtown with specialty shops, festivals, minor league baseball, condos, apartments, hotels, entertainment venues, and numerous restaurants with a wide selection of foods. Theres too much to downtown Greenville, SC to list it all here you have to come see it for yourself.
2. The Greenville Drive Minor League Baseball Team
3. Falls Park A park alongside The Reedy River Waterfall
4. The Greenville Memorial Hospital Cancer Center
5. The Saint Francis Womens Hospital
6. The Peace Center for the Performing Arts
7. The Bi-lo Center A state-of-the-art entertainment venue featuring top performers in the entertainment industry. The Bi-lo Center is the home of the Greenville Road Warriors of the East Coast Hockey League and host to major sporting events.
8. The Governors School for the Performing Arts.
9. Furman University
10. Bob Jones University and Art Gallery
11. Greenville Technical College
12. Michelin North America The tire makers North American Headquarters.
13. BMW The automakers only North American manufacturing plant.
14. The Embassy Suites Greenville Golf Resort & Conference Center featuring the eco-friendly Preserve at Verde Golf Course.
15. The Clemson University International Center for Automotive Research (CU-ICAR) An automotive research and testing campus in Greenville.
16. The Haywood Mall Shop til you drop.
17. Woodruff Road business district Get back on your feet and shop some more.
Some of us joke that it seems like there is a gas station, a bank, and a church on just a bout every intersection in Greenville. Im not sure about the gas stations but the banks and churches are a testament to Greenville being a financial center and the buckle of the Bible Belt. But the thing that really makes Greenville, SC a great place to live, work, play, and retire is the quality of life that youll find in Greenville. Things may move a little bit slower than the rest of the world but Greenville is a good bit safer than much of the world. That in itself is worth the price of admission.
? Grab this Headline Animator