Have you decided to try your hand at making some affordable decor for Halloween this year? If so, one of the easiest and most thrilling things to do is to make a graveyard if you have the space. If you don’t know how, there are plenty of ideas and aritcles written online that will tell you how to make cheap and spooky graveyard halloween stuff.
Graveyard Epitaphs are the hardest to think of unless you’ve got a funny imagination. Back in the days of the west, you would find all kinds of brutally honest sayings sketched into a man’s stone. Here are some you may want to copy for your own party this year or just to spruce up your scary graveyard.
- Here lies my wife so let her lie, she is at peace and so am I
- He was young, He was fair but the Injuns raised his hair – Boot-hill Cemetery
- Gone Underground For Good (A coal miner’s epitaph)
- I told you I was sick!
- Owen Moore, gone away, owin’ more than he could pay
- Here lies the body of Jonathan Blake, stepped on the gas instead of the brake
- Here lies the body of Johnny Haskell, a lyin’, cheatin’, theivin rascal,
- She finally got to sleep in
- I made an ash out of myself
Perhaps you are in a hurry and don’t want to mess with making your own cemetery with Halloween graveyard epitaphs. That’s fine, you can find plenty of books that will give you some great ideas right online on Amazon or Ebay. Kids love to make up stuff so perhaps you could give your kids or the neighborhood kids a contest to see who can come up with the best epitaphs. If you’re having a party, you could give out prizes for the best graveyard sayings.
If you do decide to make your own graveyard, here’s a video on making styrofoam tombstones and you can then write or paint on your halloween graveyard epitaphs: