Did you know that raw honey is one of the healthiest, purest and most nutritious substances on our planet. Processed honey also has a lot of benefits, especially when it comes to skin disorders and various ailments. Since honey has antifungal, antibiotic, antibacterial and antiseptic properties, it is often used in health and beauty industry.
Honey can be used as a supplement or as a sugar replacement, depending on what your main goal is. Like we said, honey is a good option for various ailments and it is not used only for skin care products. It helps in different ways:
- Aids digestion
- Relieves cough
- Pain relief
- Helps with sore throat
- Reduces fatigue
- Provides allergy relief
- Calms the nerves
- Increases energy
With hundreds and hundreds honey skin care products on the market, it is tough to choose the right product. Even though many of skin products are expensive, people are misled by marketing teams, thinking that the most expensive products are the best. But this is fat from the truth, you need to focus on natural products and choose those that are healthy and safe. You should investigate which products are safe and effective before actually spending your money.
Lets see what are some of the benefits for the skin.
- Anti-aging properties – a lot of skin care products contain honey because it retains moisture and keeps the skin hydrated. Since it doesn’t cause skin oiliness and reduces the appearance of wrinkles, it became one of the most popular ingredient in anti-aging products. Youthful look is promoted by cell regeneration and skin elasticity.
- Healing wounds – Antibacterial and antiseptic properties of honey make it a good choice for treating burns, cuts, wounds and ulcers.
- Protection from sunburn – considering honey is full of antioxidants, it successfully protects our skin from the Sun’s rays. It helps the skin to stay soft and healthy, without being affected with damage.
- Reduces acne – oily skin causes acne, blemishes and patchy skin. Since honey can remove impurities and penetrate the skin, it is a great choice for natural and safe skin ailments.
- Cures fungal infections – honey destroys microorganisms and therefore it prevents fungal infections from spreading
- Exfoliates dry skin – honey attracts and retains moisture, improves circulation and is highly effective against dry skin
- Cures ringworm – children are often affected by the ringworm, a fungal infection. But honey is a great treatment as it has antifungal properties.
Honey and skin care are tightly related, even from the days of old. With the right diet and right combination of herbal ingredient, honey can do wonders on your skin. It will heal you and rejuvenate you, even if you take only 2 tablespoons of honey per day.