Acne can be very irritating and at times can lower one’s self esteem. Acne for many may be a recurring problem as just when you thought your spots had disappeared, they re-appear again.
Here are some tips to help reduce acne.
Habits to Change in order to reduce Acne:
- Eat Healthy Try adding fruit to your diet as these can be rich in acne removing properties.
- Drinks Lots of Water Drinking water helps flush out excess dirt from our body.
- Exercise Regularly Exercise helps nourish skin cells and keep them vital.
- Dont Sleep on your Face. Also try and change your pillow case regularly as dirt left on these cases can catch on to your face and cause pimples.
- Get Enough Sleep At least 6-8 hours a day
- Wash your Hands Regularly
- Manage your stress High stress levels can cause aggregation to the skin. Exercise can help in reducing or managing stress levels.
Home Remedies for acne
- Apply Toothpaste to a spot/pimple overnight to greatly reduce its size and redness by morning.
- Honey Mask Apply (pure) Honey evenly to the face and let it dry. This will take approx 20mins. Wash out the honey after and your skin will be feeling smoother.
- Make a mask by mixing Baking Soda with hydrogen Peroxide (make sure its liquidy). This will harden on the face. Leave it on for about 5mins and rinse of with cool water.
- Make a mix of Coconut Oil, Yogurt, Lemon Juice and Honey and apply to the face. Leave on for around 10mins before rinsing it off.
- For Dry Skin: Mash ½ and avocado and mix it with honey and stir. Apply to the skin for approx 10mins. Wash off with cool water.
- For Oily Skin: Make a mixture of 1tsp lemon juice, 2 egg whites, 3 tsp honey and 1 cup strawberries (mashed). Put it on your face for about 10mins then rinse off with cool water.