Beside regular hair care routine of massaging, shampooing and conditioning, your hair needs some extra treatment. A deep moisturizing hair pack can help to improve its texture. Within a few weeks you can see a noticeable improvement in the texture of your hair. To treat the damage caused by pollution, climate and harsh chemicals in hair products, natural hair packs work best.
- Take 1 egg, 1 cup of yogurt and 1 lemon. Take a cup of yogurt and add an egg in it. Now squeeze one lemon in this mixture. Mix it thoroughly before applying on your hair. Leave it for 45 minutes and wash off as mentioned above. This is an ultimate moisturizing hair pack for healthy and shiny hair. This hair pack will also help treat dandruff and scalp irritation problems.
- Beat 1 egg in three tsp of olive oil. Make a paste of cucumber peels and add it to the egg mix. Apply the mix to your hair and leave for 15 minutes. Wash with a mild shampoo. This pack helps strengthening the hair. If you are a regular swimmer use this pack to treat your hair against chlorinated water.
- Make a paste of henna powder and yoghurt with warm water and leave it overnight. You can also use tea water if you want a natural burgundy colour. Apply this pack to your hair form root to tip and cover your hair with a shower cap. Leave for at least an hour. Wash away with cold water and oil massage your hair when dry. Shampoo your hair next day and you will be astonished to see the shine in your hair.
- You can simply take a ripe banana and almond oil to make a nourishing and revitalizing hair pack. Mash the banana and add about 5-8 drops of almond oil in it. Now apply this on your hair and keep your hair tied up and covered with a shower cap for about an hour. Rinse hair with cold water, followed by a mild shampoo. Use a good quality moisturizing conditioner. You can also add ¼ avocado in this hair pack for dry hair.
Home made hair pack
Home made hair pack
Kitchen Remedies for Better Hair
If your hair is dry and flaky, rub in four or five teaspoons of mayonnaise into your scalp and leave it on for half an hour before shampooing. Remember, mayo contains oil, egg and mustard powder, just the right recipe for imparting wholesome moisture to dead looking hair. As an after shampoo, rinse with about half a teaspoon of honey in about a liter (4 mugs) of water. Dont wash away this last rinse, and it acts as an excellent conditioner for dry, dull hair.
Another widespread problem with hair is dandruff. Ayurveda has a very simple remedy for dandruff. Certain easily available oils help eliminate this condition, since it is essentially brought about by drying of the scalp surface. Mix one part of lemon juice with two parts of coconut oil and use it for a regular oil massage. The results will show in a couple of weeks. Alternately try mixing up one teaspoon of camphor with equal portions of mustard and coconut oil. The resultant mix is a bit strong smelling but does its job quite effectively.
Grate some fresh ginger. Mix with honey and place it in a jar. Eat 1 tea spoon everyday.
Use natural shampoo, studiously avoiding so called medicated shampoos that may just aggravate your problem, or create one where there is none.
The diet should contain more green leafy vegetables, salads, milk, fruits and sprouts. Take more proteins, milk, buttermilk, yeast, wheat germ, soybean and vitamin A.
Fixing Hair Color Mistakes
Mistakes do happen, but learn from the mistakes and take care not to repeat them. And before you set out to repair the damage, call the manufacturer of the product first. They’ll be able to suggest you ways to remove hair color. Still, if you’re unable to correct the problem, remember it’s just hair. The color will eventually grow out or fade on its own.
You can also make the best of the situation by visiting a stylist and getting a new flattering hairstyle that’ll draw attention away from the ghastly color. You can also use this time to accessorize your hair and try out different styles. Anything that’ll draw the attention from the hair color should help. Also, remember to use hair-coloring products that are safe, because a head full of orange hair is better than a head without hair.
Natural Hair Loss Treatments that really work
Natural hair loss treatments that actually worked used to be a dream for those suffering from premature hair loss, thinning hair or a receding hair line. However, there is good news for those who thought that there was no other way to either slow or stop the progression of baldness. Natural remedies for hair loss have made significant strides in the last few years.
Causes of Hair loss and how to regrow hair
Hair Growth Remedies
- Egg yolk applied directly on the head, massaged and allowed to remain for two hours strengthens the hair roots and lessens the chances of hair falling; however care should be taken to thoroughly wash the hair to clear the yolk.
- Also important to healthy hair growth are foods containing vitamin B12 — including eggs, meat, and poultry. Vitamin B12 a nutrient hair just can’t live without, and women can easily develop a deficiency.
- Adequate amount of water should be consumed daily and the food intake should be protein rich, available in various fruits and dairy produce. Hair growth can be stimulated by applying henna (Mehndi) leaves boiled in mustard oil.
Homemade hair care
Hair Mask from Fruits:
Take ½ banana, ¼ avocado, 1 tbsp wheat germ oil and 1 tbsp yogurt. Also take a vitamin E capsule and squeeze its content into the mixture. This is for extra conditioning. Apply in hair and leave for 15 minutes.
Olive Oil Mask:
Take 4 Tbsp of olive oil and take two whole eggs. Blend both the ingredients thoroughly. Apply it into the scalp evenly. Now cover it with a shower cap. Wash your hair after ten minutes.
Hair balm prepared from milk:
It is not a preparation; it is just a simple application. After you wash hair, rinse it with some milk and leave it as it is for 10 to 15 minutes. Then rinse it with little warm water. This simple procedure helps to bring back the softness and shine of the hair.
Hair mask prepared with honey and olive oil:
Take three tbsp of olive oil and ½ cup of honey. Blend them well and apply into the scalp and hair evenly. Coat all the hair. Cover your hair with shower cap. Leave it for half an hour and wash with shampoo.
To increase volume of hair, try this homemade hair Recipe: You need one tablespoon, each of honey and vinegar and ½ cup of warm water. You will also need a spray bottle. Mix all the ingredients and pour into the bottle. Shake it well. When you shampoo your hair, let it dry a bit. Now spray the mix into your hair and gently rub it through. Do not rinse after that.
Hair pack for damaged hair
Take Fresh juice of a lemon, yolk of two eggs and white of one egg and one-tablespoon honey. Blend all the ingredients and massage gently into the scalp and hair. Wash it with shampoo after ten minutes.
Hair Recipe for Dandruff Treatment:
Take seven tablespoons of dried thyme. Boil it in a cup of water for ten minutes. Let it cool and strain it. Apply ½ of the mixture after washing your hair, when hair is damp. Massage it well into the scalp and leave it as it is; do not rinse. Keep the rest of the mixture for other day.
Natural Hair Loss Remedy
- Grind lime seeds and black pepper in equal number in some water and apply on the scalp regularly.
- Place raw mango pulp in some oil for a year. Massage this oil on the scalp frequently.
- Apply a paste of hot olive oil, honey, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder before bath and keep for 15 minutes.
- Apply a mixture of Aloe Vera with herbal powder triphala to the hair for a period of three to six months. It will result in growth of new hair.
- Apply juice of coriander leaves on the head.
- Boil 1 cup mustard oil with 4 tablespoon henna (mehandi) leaves. Filter and bottle. Massage on the scalp regularly. It is very good for hair growth.
- Make a paste by grinding fenugreek seeds with water. Massage on the scalp after oiling the hair and leave it for one hour before washing. Repeat it every morning for a month.
- Make a paste by mixing two eggs, two tablespoons each of amla, reetha and shikakai powder. Massage on the scalp and leave it for 30 minutes. Wash with a mild shampoo. Repeat it for 3-4 times a week.
More tips to get great volume in your hair
Sometimes you want your hair to be smooth and tame, but let’s be honest: most of us want some volume and movement. We just don’t want to backcomb our hair into a beehive every day to get it. You’ll be happy to know that there are other ways to get the hair you want.
- Don’t wash your hair every day. Leaving in the natural oils tends to allow hair to have more volume. If you can’t handle waiting a day to wash your hair, use volumizing hair shampoos and conditioners to help amp things up.
- Apply mousse or hair spray to the roots of your hair while it’s still damp. Work it in thoroughly, gently pull up on your hair as you do. Don’t worry if it doesn’t stay up – just use this as a base to work with.
- After styling it the way you like, flip it upside down again and spray light hair sprayunderneath. Flip it back up and adjust any messes on top.