How can I track down a lost cell phone?
Why is answering the question, How can I track down a lost cell phone? very important? Today, most individuals use their cell phones as their daily planner from contact numbers to daily reminders. Everything is stored in that little piece of technology. Although, cell phones are one of those products that depreciate fast, the contents inside it is what matters most. And knowing that there is a slight possibility of finding your lost mobile phone really helps. So, how can you track your lost cell phone? There are various ways you can do this. But if all options are done, GPS tracking or other internet tracking websites can help.
Finding your cell phones the old fashion way
Sometimes people tend to speculate that when a cell phone is missing, its automatically stolen even if it is just misplaced. One important thing to remember is to stay calm and try to gradually search all possible places before jumping into negative conclusions.
- Call the cell phone This is actually the initial response of any individual who lost their cell phone. If you are lucky, someone may answer it. However, in occasions where your battery is dead, doing the next steps may help.
- Check places youve been Retracing your steps can help you track your lost phone. There are times that due to your fast paced schedule, you unintentionally misplace your phones. You can call your home, office or any place youve been for the day. Most stores today have a strict policy when it comes to lost and found items.
- Ask around Asking your friends or collogues doesnt actually mean that youre accusing them. Just ask politely and they may even help you look for it.
- Report to the authorities Write down IMEI, MEID or ESN numbers found at the back of your cell phones and keep it safe once youve purchase a phone. After 1 to 2 hours of searching, report it to your service provider. In this case, you will not be held responsible for charges incurred after it was lost. You can also report it to the police. However, chances of finding your mobile phone are low.
Today, there are more advanced way of finding your mobile phones. All you need to do is to acquire tracking software and learn how it works.
Tracking your lost cell phones
- The first thing to do is to check if your cell phone is GPS compatible. 3G phones and higher generation phones support and include this feature. You can also check your network provider if they have a tracking service. Most well known companies offer this service for $5 to $10 per month.
- Once youve determined GPS compatibility, you can purchase GPS or other tracking software and download it both in your phone and computer. Latitude is highly recommended as a tracking software.
- After installation run the software. They will ask you for your information and your friends as well. If your invite is accepted, you will be able to track them through Google map and the vice versa.
Through that, you will be able to find you lost cell phone by reading this article entitled How can I track down a lost cell phone?