Be a productive writer
Becoming a writer and becoming a productive writer are two different things. Thefact of the matter is that the only writers’ online that make any money are those that are both fast and good. You can be fast and create terrible copy that no one wants, and you can be slow and create great copy but you wont make any money.
The magic formula really is Write Fast + Write Well = Make Money.
Improving your writing skills
What is your writing job today? A sales
page? An article? Whatever you are writing today you need to make sure that what you write supports the subject at hand. So how to begin?
The first thing you need to know is how many word the copy is going to be. 500 words is pretty average on the internet but it can be shorter or longer.
The next thing you want to do is look at the subject at hand. If its a topic you are very familiar with, your job just got easier. Start typing yes thats right just start typing for a full five minutes. Dont look at the screen, dont worry about spelling, paragraphs, grammar, etc. Just type what comes out of your head. You will be surprised at just how much information is stored up there. This is especially true if
youve been writing for online for a long
Set a timer and when it goes off stop. Now start to put your ideas into form. Organize them, create your paragraphs, and headings, bulleted lists, whatever you need to make your article work. You can add more content if necessary, or remove some if you have typed too much. Youll be surprised at just how much information you can put together if you just let things flow.
Great, but you may not always be familiar with the topic at hand. In those cases youre going to have to spend a little time researching. This is where having really good research skills can come in handy because you want to minimize the amount of time you spend learning about the subject at hand. Do some skim reading, make a few notes, and then start writing.
Its a good idea to always find out from the client what they will require you to write on before you accept the job, because the cost needs to reflect your research time and writing time, and if its a subject foreign to you, then youll have difficulty being productive.Thats it becoming more productive isnt nearly as difficult as you might have thought. Why not give it a try?
How to Become a Professional Copywriter
Do you like to write? Have you been thinking about becoming a professional copywriter? Then youll want to read on to learn more about a career as a copywriter.
A copywriter might work for an advertising agency or as an entrepreneur. These days there are tons of work available online marketing products and services for websites. You will create slogans, write ad copy, create sales letters, and do any type of writing related to selling a product or
To become a copywriter, requires a great deal of dedication to your craft, and of course you must be a skilled writer. There are many copywriters online so the competition is plentiful, but dont worry because if you have a natural talent for this creative type of writing then youll find a niche that you fit in nicely. So if being a professional copywriter is what you want to do then go for it!
Copywriters work in a number of industries including radio, television, and online. Youll want to find an area of copywriting that interest you and find the niche where you want to let your creative juices flowing.
The fastest growing copywrite industry is the online industry as more and more companies recognize how important good ad copy is on their home pages, throughout their websites, where they are marketing their products and services, in their email, in their newsletters, and of course in their sales letters. Available clients range from new entrepreneurs to multi million dollar companies so depending on your skills and experience you should be able to find a good match for you. If you want to get a job as a copywriter there are some skills that you will need including:
* A talent for creative copy
* Ability to craft stories using words and images
* Be extremely flexible
* Be willing to work for less until theyve established their skill level
* Be willing to relocate
Taking a copywriting internship is a great way to determine if this is a good career choice for you. Perhaps you have been writing for a long time but youve just decided to try your hand at copywriting, or maybe you have never written before it doesnt matter because you are going to have to make a commitment to practice your craft and fine tune it so that you improve your skills and expand your horizon.
Working as a professional copywriter is never boring, and it can certainly be rewarding, not to mention the potential for excellent earnings.
Writing Tips That Will Make You a Better
If you want to become a bettercopywriter, the first thing you need to do isbe willing to to work at it. Becoming a better copywriter takes practice and dedication, but dont worry its worth every minute.
Lets start with some food for thought:
* Writing is straightforward but its not easy
* To get a bigger client list you have to get really good
* Until you publish your work youre just dabbling in writing
* You cannot practice unless you are disciplined, and have the ability to persevere
* Stop making excuses! Before you make the decision to take your copywriting to the next level answer a few questions:
* Why do I want to write?
* Who do I want to write for?
* Have I found my voice, my tone, my style?
* What am I willing to give up to better my craft?
Great now here are some tips to help you become a better copywriter and take you from amateur to professional.
* Write every single day dont miss any!
* Make sure that what you write is clear, concise, and effective.
* Dont be lazy if you are going to write then write and write intelligently.
* Stop worrying about whether you are a good copywriter and just continue writing
* Dont focus on getting published, just write and eventually you will get published
* Write things that are worth writing, dont write for fame.
* Write about what you believe in that way you can write with conviction.
Now its time to begin to build a platform to market yourself on so that you can build your clientele.
* Be intentional and youll get noticed.
* To create a broader audience you must narrow your focus.
* Learn from other copywriters what works, what doesnt, what made them successful.
* Make sure you are always engaging your readers.
* Intentionally grow your traffic through the use of a blog.
* Dont be afraid to guest post your writing on other peoples blogs.
* Expect some people to react negatively to what you write, even hate you dont worry, just ignore them If you need help with your actual writing there are many excellent sites, groups, and forums that can help you. Share idea, ask questions, and learn. Being a writer means you have committed yourself to a lifetime of learning. Its exciting, rewarding, and it can be financially lucrative for the best copywriters.