0xc000000f bootbcd error on boot is a very common problem with both win7 and vista. There are a few ways to fix this issue. Try each of the steps in order rebooting between them to see if the error has been resolved. There is no need to do all the steps if the first one fixes the problem.
- Make sure your computer is set to boot from the cd in the bios. Insert the windows 7 or vista cd and boot from it. Choose repair your computer and then pick your operating system. Then pick startup repair from the menu and let it run. If all goes well it will detect and fix the error. If after restarting you still have the error, move on to the next step.
- Boot up off the win7 or vista cd again and this time instead of choosing startup repair we need to pick command prompt. Once the command prompt comes up type these in order.
- bootrec /fixmbr
- bootrec /fixboot
- bootrec /rebuildbcd
Restart and see if the /boot/bcd error is resolved.
- Try a system restore point. Boot off the cd again and at the menu this time choose system restore. Pick a restore point from a date before the error started and let it complete. Restart and see if it worked.
- Boot up off the cd one last time. Choose command prompt again. This time type
- copy memtest.exe memtest.exe.bak
- copy BCD.Backup.0001 memtest.exe
- del BCD
- rename memtest.exe BCD
- rename memtest.exe.bak memtest.exe
Restart and see if the boot/bcd error has been resolved. If you still have the error try to run startup repair one more time. Sometimes another startup repair is required after doing the memtest fix.
Those are the steps needed to fix 90% of boot/bcd errors. Hopefully they will help you with yours.