Getting rid of Age spots
Turning 40 means bringing with it the signs of visible age effects. Age effects start to appear among people of 40-50 years age. It is most often treated as sun spots because of being the result of sun exposure. With the growth of your age body begins to lack collagen that in turn accompanied with the result of ultraviolet ray of sun leads to age effects. After the age of 40 the regeneration process of skin gets slower down which causes blemishes, wrinkles and dark age spots to be prominent on the face. It is proven that if one does not use a proper sunscreen lotion to protect oneself from the harsh sunrays at the early stage of his life it tends to result in unwanted age spots in future. Though age spots are harmless it needed to be removed to give your skin the lost youthfulness and fair glow.
There are several ways to treat age effects that are discussed here:
Chemical peel is a process that includes the application of a solution on the affected skin parts. The solution is based on acid that is used to eliminate the top layer of the skin giving way to a new layer. It takes a long time and several peels to get effective on the skin. The solution is left for a few minutes to dry and washed off afterward. However before going for this method one should consult a dermatologist and keep in mind that this is altogether a costly process.
There is another process of applying liquid nitrogen on the spotted area to freeze them. It destroys the pigmentation of your skin and lightens it up gradually. But the biggest disadvantage of this process is the risk of further discoloration of skin in later period.
The most expensive of all the treatments is laser resurfacing method that uses laser beam light to work on the age spots to remove the skin tissues that cause the pigmentation. You should follow several treatments to make it fruitful though this may not bring a permanent result. Again you must talk to a dermatologist if you possess a sensitive skin. It does not hurt your skin but you can face some irritation due to this process.
Apart from all these expensive and complicated processes you can just opt for some simple home-made remedies to get rid of age effects.
Some home remedies for getting rid of age spots:
- Aloe plants are thought to be a healing agent that helps to heal burns and removes dead cells. It generates new skin and should be applied in a gel form twice a day for at least 1 month to see the result.
- Apple cider vinegar is another one to treat skin problems wonderfully. Add orange juice with apple cider vinegar and apply it with a cotton ball on your affected skins for 10-15 minutes. Do this method twice a day for the darker age spots to disappear as soon as possible.
- Butter milk is considered as a beauty aid for ages. So use buttermilk on your skin as the lactic acid it contains exfoliates the affected dark skin.
- The spots of age effect can fade away by the use of castor oil that should be rubbed on your skin especially at night and in the morning.
- A Chinese herb gotu kola is very helpful in sloughing off the signs of age effect. It can be used in a capsule form as prescribed by the physician or in a powder form that is to be mixed with herbal tea with 1/8 teaspoon of ginseng and pinch of cayenne.
- Fresh lemon juice is used for skin lightening and should be applied on the skin.Leave it for 15 minutes on the skin and rinse it off for removing the darker signs of ageing.
- Red onion juice is supposed to keep away dark marks from the skin.Or slice of red onion also encourages new skin development and helps to lighten the skin.
- Containing natural bleaching properties in it the lactic acid of Yogurt is also effective in eliminating dark-spotted skin.