Getting rid of dandruff
Dandruff is a major problem faced by most of us. Excessive oily or dry scalp is the root cause of dandruff. Human body loses a certain amount of dead cells which is normal.But when the scalp causes releasing a large amount of dead cells it leads to irritation and stickiness that in turn take the form of dandruff. Dandruff comes due to unhealthy food habits, irregular shampooing, use of chemical (hair color, straighting product, hair dryer) and synthetics on hair and not rinsing your hair properly.
Cause of Dandruff varies depending on the different body chemistry and hair type of the people. Therefore treatment for dandruff may also not be the same for different persons. One can choose a number of home-based natural remedies to get rid of dandruffs.
Some of the naural ways of getting rid of dandruff :
- If you have deficiency in pH level you can opt for vinegar treatment. It balances the pH level and eliminates dandruff. Vinegar rinse is a less costly and easy way in dandruff removal.
- If dandruff is the result of fungal problem and yeast it is advised to follow the method of Zinc omadine which is again an inexpensive treatment to remove dandruff.
- Oil-soak is one of the popular anti-dandruff treatments that can be done by messaging your scalp gently with the moisturizing oil before taking shower for almost 45 minutes. The oil calms and reenergizes the itchy scalp.
- Apply coconut oil on your scalp. Keep your hair dry and do not condition. Use the oil on the scalp part except the rest of the hair and then wash it and rinse your hair thoroughly. This can be done twice a week for effective result.
- Baby oil is another alternative way to treat dandruff. Apply it on your scalp and cover your hair with a towel leaving it overnight. Wash your hair with an anti-dandruff shampoo in the morning.
- Avoid using hot water to wash your hair as it burns the scalp and hair. Again do not apply finger nails on your scalp, for it damages your hair and causes more flaking.
- Messaging hair and scalp with fresh lemon juice before taking bath is also useful in this respect. Rinse your hair after all this is done.
- Apply Aloe Vera gel on your scalp. Try not to use chemical gel and hair color as this increases the chance of dandruff.
- Olive oil is helpful in reducing dandruff when messaged properly on scalp.
- You can use curd on your hair and message it for half an hour. Do not forget to rinse thoroughly after washing it.
- Do not wear tight fitting hat and scarves. When you go out you can protect your hair from harsh sun exposure by having hats that are comfortable enough.
- Emu oil is a sulphate-free shampoo that can be used to get rid of dandruff. This suits all hair types and relieves your scalp. Rinse it and after that apply Emu oil conditioner for messaging your hair for at lest 2-3 minutes. Rinse the hair properly after conditioning.
- Use onion juice onto your scalp for half an hour and wash it before applying shampoo to your hair.
- You can buy generic tea-tree oil from shops and pharmacies or use it by getting oil from tea tree directly. Some shampoos also contain tea-tree oil and hence you can apply that after checking the ingredient.It is a natural treatment that helps to fight dandruff.
Some natural ingredients that are useful in removing dandruff are carrots, honey, salt and brandy. You can prevent dandruff by taking a good care of your hair. Try to eat fresh and raw vegetables that consist of vitamins. Drink plenty of water and sleep properly as stress and fatigue are also the cause of hair damage. Comb your hair when it gets dry. Maintain a balanced and nutritious diet to get a shinny, healthy and dandruff-free hair.