A migraine ?? ? throbbing ?r pulsating headache occurring m??tl? ?n one side. T? better understand how to get rid of migraine, as well as ?t? symptoms, causes ?nd prevention, read ?n.
A migraine ?? ? very painful type ?f unilateral headache. A person suffering fr?m migraines u?u?ll? feel nauseated ?nd feel like vomiting. During ? migraine, patients develop high sensitivity towards light ?nd sound, ?nd ?r? extremely irritated. Th? word migraine has b??n borrowed fr?m Old French word migraigne. Th? occurrence depends ?n ? number ?f factors ?u?h ?? age, gender ?nd type ?f migraine one suffers fr?m.
Causes of Migraine
Migraine headaches ?r? known t? b? caused b? changes ?n th? level ?f serotonin, ? brain chemical. High ?nd low serotonin levels affect th? blood vessels differently. Wh?n th?? ?r? high, blood vessels constrict, wh?r??? wh?n ?t falls, th? blood vessels tend t? swell. Migraines occur wh?n serotonin levels ?r? low. Fluctuation ?n th? serotonin levels ?l?? depend ?n th? level ?f blood sugar, ?r estrogen ?n case ?f women.
Alterations ?n sleep patterns ?nd insomnia ?? ?l?? known t? trigger migraines. Excessive consumption ?f alcohol ?nd caffeine, ?nd dehydration affect th? levels ?f serotonin. People suffering fr?m physical ?nd emotional stress, ?nd th??? taking medications t? treat ?t, ?l?? suffer fr?m migraine headaches occasionally. F?r ??m? people, climatic changes, ?r u?? ?f perfumes ?r ?n? ?th?r odor trigger migraines. Food substances th?t contain tyramine ?l?? aggravate th? condition ?n ??m? people.
Symptoms of Migraine
Symptoms ?f migraine vary depending u??n th? severity ?r force ?t occurs w?th. In most cases, people get ? premonition, ??m? describe ?t ?? ? signal sent b? th? body t? th? brain, hours b?f?r? th?? occur. Following ?? ? list ?f possible migraines symptoms.
- Feelings ?f intense energy followed b? fatigue
- Sweet food cravings
- Intense throbbing ?r dull pain ?n one side ?f head
- Nausea ?r vomiting, ?r b?th
- Irritation w?th light, sound ?nd odors
- Blurred ?r spotted vision
- Sleeplessness ?nd anxiety
- Fever w?th th? headache
Maintaining ? record ?f wh?n ?nd ?r?und wh?t th? migraine occurred, w?ll help one recognize ? pattern. Once th? irritants ?r? identified, th?? ??n b? easily removed ?r managed. It ?? important t? stay active b? eating healthy food ?nd regularly exercising. Yoga ?? ??rt??ul?rl? useful, ?? ?t helps t? reduce stress levels ?nd induce peaceful sleep. Medical practitioners often prescribe preventive medicines ?u?h ?? beta-blockers, anticonvulsants, ?r tricyclic antidepressants.
How To Get Rid Of Migraines: Treatment
Abortive therapy ?? form ?f treatment used t? prevent ? migraine attack ?r t? stop ?t once ?t has started. Th? most commonly prescribed headache relieving migraine medications ?r? listed b?l?w:
- Triptans: Triptans ?r? effective ?n relieving headaches, ?nd nausea ?nd sensitivity t? light
- Ergots: Provide relief, but ?r? considered ?? less effective th?n triptans
- Anti-Nausea: It helps t? remove th? feeling ?f nausea ?nd ?t times stops vomiting
- Opiates: Opiates ?r? prescribed f?r th??? patients wh? d?n’t react w?ll t? triptans ?r ergots, but ?r? ?nl? prescribed f?r serious cases ?? th?? ?r? highly addictive drugs
- N?n-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAID): NSAID painkillers like ibuprofen ?nd aspirin ?? prescribed t? treat mild cases ?f migraine
Medicines ??n n?t ?nl? help prevent migraine attacks, but ?l?? help relieve symptoms ?? th?? happen. Alternative treatments like yoga, meditation, acupuncture, ?t? have ?l?? helped ? lot ?f people t? effectively prevent ?nd manage migraines. All migraine reliving medications ?h?uld b? taken ?nl? ?n th? doctors advice, after ? complete diagnosis ?n th? type ?nd severity ?f migraine symptoms.