If you are not from Indonesia then you may not be familiar with this type of food.
Yes, this is salted egg and why it can be called as salted egg? Of course, because it tastes salty. Salted egg is made from duck eggs, they have processed to produce a salty taste, very savory and delicious taste. This eggs has become a special souvenir of the city of Brebes, Indonesia. If you visit the city of Brebes do not forget to buy this souvenirs for your family at home. These eggs can be stored for weeks.
Salted duck eggs
- 10-30 fresh duck eggs.
- 500 grams of salt
- 2 liters of water
- Plastic jar.
- Soal the eggs in the clean water. If you find a floating egg then remove it, it is a bad egg.
- Then wipe the eggs with soap and sponge.
- Dry the eggs, then rub them with soft sandpaper, this aims to open the pores of the eggs.
- Then put the eggs in the plastic jar.
- Make a mixture of water and salt in other plastic jar.
- Then pour the mixture to the plastic jar that contains the eggs.
- If the eggs floating you have to pressed it, prepare a plastic bag fill it with water, then put it in the plastic jar to press the eggs to the bottom of the jar.
- Close the jar tightly and leave it for 12-21 days, leave it longer to get the better result.
- After 12-21 days you can cook the eggs.
- Prepare a pan than boil it for an hour in a medium heat.
- Ready to serve.
KitchenAid Mixer – Link Monetized by VigLink
Salted eggs are very tasty when served with rice or noodles, served at your dining table for your family and they will get stunned. Good luck and have a nice day!