I’m back at my fitness plans and goals and I know the keys to maintain success. I’ve noticed a pattern throughout the years when it comes to my workout routine. I usually go overboard, meet my goal, then burnout or get bored. Losing weight and staying fit is not a one time occasion, its a lifestyle that you need to maintain.
Its more difficult to stop and start again so you want to keep it up. Im aware that I have some behavior that could sabotage my lifestyle change. So I created these tips and decided to share them.
Im sure Im not the only person that has good intentions when it comes to losing weight and exercising,but occasionally steer away from the exercise routine.
- Sit down and make a physical or mental list of physical activities that you enjoy. If you cant dance, try a dance style you feel would be interesting.
- Look around in your city for interesting activities. Look in your Living Social, Amazon Local, and especially Groupon for awesome discounts on just about whatever you want to try.
- If youre interested in the visual results, have a gym that you can attend in addition to your physical activities.
- Have a variety of physical activities at least three to five days a week or more. Mix it up with fun, new things so you dont get bored, tired or feel like exercise is a chore.
- Have a schedule, but make it flexible depending on how much time you need to recover. If you find yourself too tired or not wanting to go to your workout, choose one of your various physical activities. This helps keep you from falling off the exercise routine.
- Once you feel a sense of recovery, energy and strength back to your body. Return to your workout.
- Dont overdo it with workouts and obsess over the end results, pace yourself and pay attention to your physical well-being.
- Give yourself credit for doing the best that you can, and even if you are not where you want to be, know that you will make progress if you stay consistent, focused, determined and on your own pace.
- Remember to push yourself at every workout
As long as you’ve done your best, remember that you are better than you were yesterday. Be grateful for everything you have and enjoy your new lifestyle!