Raise your hand if you currently have a tub of Vaseline lying around in your house. It is no surprise that practically everyone has this miracle product in their homes. Vaseline can be use for absolutely anything. You name it! You can use it on your lips, on your hair and even on your eyelashes.
You’ve probably heard this age-old beauty tip. I’m sure I did growing up. My mother used to tell me that if I religiously applied Vaseline onto my lashes every single night then I would end up with longer lashes. But how true is this trick? Does it really work? Or is it just another beauty myth we should chuck down the drain like the rest of them?
How to apply Vaseline on lashes?
We’ll get to the step by step guide on using Vaseline for your lashes later because first we would like to discuss with you a couple of tips and tricks that will probably aid you eyelash growth with the use of Vaseline.
1. It is best to apply Vaseline at night. Have you even felt Vaseline on your skin? Every human being knows how oily Vaseline can get. So imagine having that much gunk on your face at around 10 o’clock in the morning, believe us it’s not a pretty sight. Also people believe that it makes their skin look dewing and brighter come morning time.
2. Remember to be patient. Rome was not built in the day. Translation: your eyelashes will need a bit more time to absorb the moisture Vaseline has to offer.
Discuss Steps to Apply it
1. The first step is to remove any trace of makeup from your face.
2. You now have the option whether or not to apply the Vaseline using your clean fingers or a clean mascara wand. If you intend to use your fingers remember to only put a small dab of it to avoid putting to much on your eyelids (this can cause puffiness). If you’re going to be using a mascara wand just put a bit of the Vaseline on it and use it as if it were your mascara.
3. Wash the Vaseline off in the morning using warm water.
4. Be patient. Repeat this process everyday until you see results. Some people see results in just a span of weeks while some need a couple of months for it to kick in.
It is really that simple. Vaseline is not only easy but it is literally dirt-cheap! It seems like a win-win situation for you!
Does Vaseline really makes eyelashes longer?
Now this is where it gets tricky. Some people have actually reported success though some people have turned skeptical about this little beauty trick’s chances. Logically, this method works. You see Vaseline is one of the cheapest conditioning and moisturizing agents out there. Vaseline’s moisturizing emollients helps it moisturizing dry and brittle eyelashes restoring it to its former glory. Which is probably why a lot of people have noticed a significant change in their eyelashes when using this process.
Is there any side effect?
The main qualm people have against this product is the greasiness that comes with it. Not only is it uncomfortable to use especially during the daytime, the Vaseline could also cause skin irritation. Because Vaseline is so greasy a lot of people have complained about their pores being clogged by this product. Not only do they claim to be getting acne but they also claim to have gotten eye irritations such as stys.
Although adverse reactions to Vaseline is an extremely rare occurrence, we would still urge you to try a patch test on your hands before using products that will expose and make your sensitive eye area vulnerable.
Other beauty tips using Vaseline
1. You can use Vaseline as a natural lip gloss. It can also heal cracked lips.
2. Vaseline is an extremely effective makeup remover.
3. Try slathering Vaseline on your feet at night and covering it with a sock. This is an instant way to remedy cracked heels.
Whether or not Vaseline can lengthen your eyelashes seems to vary on a case-to-case basis. He good news is, Vaseline is cheap and it is generally safe for use so there really isn’t any harm in trying it out, you could be delightfully surprised by the results!