Youve done the supermarket shopping and you need to prepare a meal quickly for your starving family. Heres the fastest fish pie ever made.
· 1 pack of ready-prepared fish pie mix.
[This will usually contain chunks of salmon, haddock or other chopped fish.]
· 1 pack of prepared mashed potato
· 1 pack of chopped mixed vegetables, like carrots or peas
· 1 packet of sauce mix suitable for fish pie, like a parsley or lemon sauce.
· 1 pack of grated cheese
· Seasoning to taste
· Arrange the fish pieces on the bottom of a greased oven-proof dish
· Sprinkle the mixed vegetables over the fish
· Season with salt and pepper to taste, or even a mild curry powder
· Make up the sauce, usually by mixing with milk and heating in a saucepan
· Pour the heated sauce mixture over the fish and vegetables
· Spread the mashed potato to cover the fish mixture
· Sprinkle grated cheese on top of the mashed potato
Place in the oven at 180 C and cook for about 30 minutes.
By the time youve set the table and poured a glass of wine, the fish pie will be ready to eat.
You might wish to let it rest for a short time before eating.
Enjoy the fastest fish pie ever made!