Hot tubs are a wonderful way to ease the stress and rigours of the day. They help you relax, sleep better and detoxify your body, so that you can lead a healthier life. But have you ever thought about your hot tubs health. If your hot tub is healthy, safe and clean, you and your loved ones using the tub will be healthy.
Create a regular cleaning schedule for the tub. You should be looking at a daily, weekly, monthly and periodic cleaning routine. This is the only way to keep the water clean and prevent algae growth in the tub.
Daily Cleaning Before Using the Hot Tub:
- Test chlorine level in the hot tub. The level should be between 3 and 5 mg/l (ppm). Adjust the level accordingly.
- Check the pH level. It should be between 7.2 and 7.6. Use a pH stabiliser to adjust the level
- Sometimes water can foam. An anti-foam can be used on the surface of the water to prevent this from happening
- Sanitise the hot tub after every use or before the next use. You can use hot tub chlorine or bromine for this purpose. Most people prefer chlorine, as bromine as a strong odour
- It is necessary to shock your hot tub with a proper shock clarifier. Do this weekly. It hardly takes any time and gets rid of odours, body oils, perspiration and other contaminants in the water
- Clean the filter of the hot tub once a week and always keep a spare handy. Remember, you have to let the filter dry completely after cleaning. In the meantime, use the spare if you want to soak in your hot tub
Monthly Cleaning of the Hot Tub:
- Use a scale remover once a month if you reside in an area where the water has high calcium content
- Clean the hot tub thoroughly to remove body oils and other contaminants that adhere to the surface of the tub. This will prevent bacterial and algal growth
- Clean the cover of the hot tub using a weak chlorine solution every two months to keep the cover clean and sanitised
- Replace the hot tub filter every 6 months to a year
- Change the water every two months. However, you can change it more often if the water appears sullied and dirty
Maintaining hot tub health allows you to derive maximum benefits from the tub and also helps boost the longevity of the tub. Remember, you also can add accessories to your hot tub to make it a safe haven for yourself. Some of the accessories you can add includes steps inside the hot tub to make it easier to get in and out; lighting to enjoy the relaxing soak at nights, overhead umbrella to enjoy the hot tub even when it is raining, and safety rails to protect even the most fleet-footed person.
The moment you invest in a hot tub, it is prudent to buy the accessories and chemicals you require to maintain health and wellbeing of your tub. The best part is you can find all the accessories and chemicals you need under one roof Sun Spas. In fact, some of the accessories, such as spa cushions and fragrances especially formulated for hot tubs allow you to make your hot tub more luxurious and decadent! Maintaining the health of a hot tub is not difficult when you have access to the right accessories and chemicals from SunSpas. Use these products and keep your tub clean, sanitised and healthy.