Chain wire fences are relatively difficult to install and remove, but act as a great guard to restrict entries into your property. You will need some assistance from the chain link fence vendor to remove the fence, or you can our easy guide to do it yourself.
Chain wire fence, wire netting are some common ways in which most of us relate the chain link fence to. These are made of steel and are woven in a fashion to create a guard against trespassing or obstruct entry and exit into something which could be a personal property, some forest area, military areas, etc.
Such type of fencing requires a lot of maintenance and is relatively difficult to clean and maintain. Looking at the difficulty one faces with this type of fencing, you often tend you remove and sell off the chain link fence supplies you have installed in your backyard or compound.
We understand it took a lot of your time to install this fencing in the first place, and the removal process is more or less the same. It is time consuming, but you can seek help from your nearest vendor to know more about chain link fence supplies or the way to remove the fence. However, if you wish to do it yourself, you need to follow the steps we shall discuss at length in the article.
Things You Would Need
We list down the thing you would need handy to remove the fence.
- 1. Safety gear for yourself, to make sure you do not get any cuts and bruises while doing the task
- 2. Pair of wire cutters or bolt cutters
- 3. Screwdriver to unscrew the nuts
- 4. Digger or your garden plough to dig the holes
- 5. Sledge hammer (if available)
Steps to Remove the Fence
Like we said earlier, if youve not done anything of this sort earlier, then we recommend you contact your nearest vendor who deals with chain link fence supplies. If you still wish to proceed, follow the below steps:
- 1. Clear all the grass that has grown near the fence and cut all the climbers which have grown on it, to make sure the work gets done neatly.
- 2. Using wire cutters, cut the fence ties from all sides- these are the chain like structure which connect the fence to each other
- 3. Using a screwdriver, unscrew the nuts and pull the bolts with your hands. These can take a little time depending on how maintained these are or how old they are.
- 4. Slide the bars straight up- these are the diamond shaped ones we are talking about.
- 5. Cut a line at the bottom of the fence to release it from the ground. You also need to pull the fence out to make sure all the part that was buried, is out.
- 6. Make sure you lay the fence on the ground or have somebody help you roll it as and when you go cutting the bottom.
- 7. Gate frame and hinges need to be removed too. Remove all the bolts which attach the gate frame to your fence and keep the gate aside.
- 8. To make sure you remove all the concrete from the ground that was used to install the fence, dig circles around the fence until you reach the concrete part and later remove all that too.
Now, youve removed the chain link fence, at this final leg you will need assistance from the vendor. He can help you lift it up and roll it safely, so that no space remains occupied and your garden or backyard looks neat like before.