Here is a simple checklist on how to save the world. Everyone in developed countries has heard by now that global warming is increasing the temperature of the Earth and that we at a point now that we might not be able to fix what humans have done to the Earth in the last 100 years.
Some people might say that what is going on with the Earth right now is just part of Earths natural cycle and there is nothing we can do about it. Well I would rather do what I can regardless to lighten my carbon footprint on the Earth. Trying to and possibly succeeding in reversing carbon footprint would be even better.
I have a few things you can do to help lighten youre your carbon footprint on the Earth as well. Together we can save the world; we just have to make an effort. If not for ourselves then do it for our family and all of the people that will follow us long after we are gone.
So you might be asking yourself is it too late to save the world? Well no one really knows. I would hate to just sit back and cross my fingers that everyone else is doing something or that maybe the Earth will fix itself.
Here are some things you can do right away to try and save the Earth.
1) Use your vehicle less. Drive a bike, walk, take a bus, join a car pool. The less gas you consume and the less carbon dioxide your vehicle emits into the air the better we all are.
2) Dont run your heat or a/c in your home unless you absolutely have to when you are home and make sure they are turned down when you are not at home. Get a programmable thermostat.
3) Turn the temperature of your water heater down a couple of degrees.
4) Unplug electrical devices in your home that you dont use on a daily basis.
5) Recycle. Find out what types of products you can recycle in your city or town and do your due diligence by recycling everything you can.
6) Buy energy efficient appliances. Also dont keep your fridge packed full. The fuller your fridge is the harder it has to work to keep everything cool.
7) Consider buying solar powered devices and solar panels to power smaller devices around the home.
8) Fix any leaking plumbing fixtures in your home. Dont let perfectly good water drip down your drain. Also install low flush toilets to minimize the amount of water your literally flush down the drain. I dont do this myself but am considering it that when you go to the bathroom live by the rule that if it is yellow let it mellow (dont flush) and if it is brown flush it down. You will save a ton of water that way.
9) Dont over consume with your eating and purchases of material items. Buy used whenever you can. Reduce reuse recycle at all costs. Everything in moderation.
There is a short list of things you can do that will add up quickly in helping our world heal itself. One of the great things about my checklist is that most of these things will actually help you save money. So you will be helping the Earth get better while you are keeping money in your pocket. I hope you enjoyed my 9 ways to save the world on my how to save the world checklist.