There are several tools and methods used to jailbreak and crack PS3 firmware and installing custom packages such as:
But in term of cheapest and easiest way to jailbreak a PS3 is by using USB flash drive. You can simply get a flash drive anyway and save those unnecessary job like copy and burn a additional DVD Blu-ray discs in order to let PS3 read and install it.
Keep on reading below to find out more how you can jailbreak PS3 console with USB stick and allow you to play homwbrew and copied games on your PS3.
By default PS3 console is use to play games by inserting PS3 games disc into the DVD drive and read from there. Once PS3 mod, you can unlock the maximum potential of your Ps3 console and enjoy below features:
How To Jailbreak PS3 Console With USB Dongle
There are hundred of modding methods out there you can find over the net and online forum such as jailbreaking Ps3 with iPhone, unlock PS3 with iPad, unlock PS3 with PSP and some even hack it by using Android OS as well.
Before you really decide which methods to use, you need to be caution on the side effect of those jailbreaking methods that really bring internal damages to your PS3 component. Over 90% jailbreaking ideas are scam, contain viruses, various of malware, steal your info when you download it and most of them simply don’t work at all.
Try to look for something that have high reputation and get positive feedback from net users or other reliable resources. Remember a high quality professional jailbreak for PS3 can mod PS3 without voiding PS3 original warranty, NOT require hardware modification, and you not need to be a technical geek in order to get this done.
How To Jailbreak PS3 Console With USB Flash Stick
1. Firstly, you need to get a reliable software that able to let you install Yellow Dog Linux operating system on PS3. If you don’t have any idea of which software to look for, you can refer below articles to find out highly recommended PS3 Linux OS installer software –
2. Download PS3 Linux installer software on your PC then plug in USB flash drive into your dekstop/laptop follow by copy that particular Linux installation application into USB stick for storage.
3. Next, plug in USB drive into PS3 console.
4. Navigate to ‘Setting’ tab
5. Choose ‘System Update’.
6. Choose Update via Storage Media.
7. Find the PS3 Linux Installer software and Choose OK.
8. Accept Conditions and Install Update.
9. The PS3 Linux software will operate automatically, it take about 15 minutes to completely installed in your PS3
10. Power up your PS3 (You will have to do it on the console and not by the remote controller)
11. The booted up PS3 is jailbroken with Linux OS installed. Now you can enjoy full benefits of your PS3 system.