Undoubtedly, AirDrop is an amazing service by Apple Inc., and its seamless file transfer capabilities make it one of the preferred choices to transfer files to iPhone. If you want to use AirDrop with iPhone and dont know how to do it, then follow this article to get a complete guide about how to AirDrop from iPad to iPhone.
AirDrop is an excellent tool that allows users to share files with iPhone, iPad, and Mac PCs quickly. The best element of the service is that it uses Bluetooth Low Energy to broadcast, discover, and negotiate connections while establishing a link between the sender and the recipient of the Apple device. Additionally, the tool doesnt require any support from Wi-Fi or other Internet connectivity servers, but it uses its strength to ensure point-to-point transfer of the information. The point-to-point connection facility makes this feature highly power efficient, fast, and secure for file sharing. You can share photos, videos, contacts, Voice Memos, Passbook passes, Map location, and other files after pairing up the tool with iPhone, iPad, or other Apple devices.
If you feel comfortable while using AirDrop to transfer files between Apple Devices, then read the guide below to get a hold on this amazing feature:
What All You Need to Transfer Files to iPhone?
It is absolutely true that the feature doesnt need any network connections to transfer files, but youll still need to enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to ensure hassle-free pairing. Additionally, if you wish to share files with contacts listed on your Apple device, then sign in to your iCloud account to speed up the file transfer process. Always remember that the feature gets compatible with devices running only on iOS 7 or later, or a Mac with OS X Yosemite. Ensure that both the users should have any one of the devices mentioned below to share content with AirDrop.
iPhone 5 or later
iPod touch (5th generation)
iPad (4th generation or later)
How to Airdrop From iPad to iPhone?
A) Steps to Turn on AirDrop
1. Go to Control Center to turn AirDrop on or off and to access the same, swipe towards up from the bottom of your screen
2. Your devices screen will now show Control Center, tap on AirDrop to continue
3. Choose any one of the options mentioned below:
Off: It will turn off AirDrop
Contacts Only: Your device will be visible only to your listed contacts
Everyone: Shows your device to all nearby iOS devices using the tool
B) Steps for Using AirDrop to Transfer Files
1. Once your iPhone, iPad, and other iOS devices detect the nearby Apple products supporting AirDrop facility, tap the content that you want to share
2. Tap Share option to add the content to the Share Sheet
3. Tap the nearby AirDrop user or the Apple device to begin sharing
4. If you want to share files with Contacts Only, then sign into your iCloud account
5. Tap Share and the other user will receive an alert
6. The other user can preview the content that you want to share, and can either accept or decline the invitation
Sharing items by Pairing AirDrop with iPhone
Since Apple is also working on to come up with a universal platform for its entire product line, pairing up devices and features can bring tremendous results while sharing files. The tool efficiently allows users to send files directly from their iOS apps using the Share feature. Additionally, you may also find tips to share your crucial documents using the Share features of the OS X in some of the how to use AirDrop on Mac guides.
Follow these steps to share items directly from an app:
1. Open your desired app and navigate to the file that you wish to send
2. Click the Share button or right-click an item to prepare it for sharing
3. Select AirDrop from the menu of sharing options
4. Select the recipient in the Share sheet and click Send to transfer file right from the app.
You can easily use the tool to transfer files to iPhone, iPad, iPod, and other Apple products. Always turn on the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth features before starting the file sharing process. The tool establishes point-to-point connections to ensure high security and privacy of the files shared by using the platform. Explore the web to see some more articles about how to AirDrop from iPad to iPhone or set up parental control on the file sharing feature.