V8 and other brands of tomato juice are packed with vitamins, so it is a shame to waste the last bit of unused juice often left at the bottom of the bottle. The last little bit of leftover tomato juice, even watered down with a cup of water, can add a hint of color and flavor to soup, rice, noodles, and pasta dishes.
After you are through pouring your last glass of V8, there is always some leftover tomato juice residue at the bottom and on the sides of the bottle or the can, so pour a cup of water in the bottle and swish it around. Place the bottle back in the refrigerator to save for your next meal. Use it right away since the juice has probably already been sitting in your fridge for a couple of days.
You can use your leftover tomato juice to give a dish a slightly different color and flavor (as well as some other benefits), especially if you are eating the same inexpensive foods over and over to save money. Since V8 comes in several varieties including spicy and low sodium, there are several options to choose from. If you are on a very tight budget like, or you just hate to waste anything, here are seven savory ways to use your leftover V8 or other tomato juice.
Seven Savory Things to Do with Leftover Tomato Juice or V8
1. Add Your Leftover Tomato Juice or V8 to Spaghetti Sauce & Other Pasta Dishes — Next time you fix spaghetti sauce or other pasta topping, use the cup of water from the tomato juice bottle instead of a cup of tap water
2. Use Your Leftover Tomato Juice or V8 to Make Chili Sauce — To add some extra tomato flavor to your chili, add leftover tomato juice in place of water!
3. Add Your Leftover Tomato Juice or V8 to Soup or Gazpacho — Instead of adding a cup of tap water to your canned soup or homemade soup mix, add a the cup of water from the tomato juice bottle to give your soup a mild hint of tomato flavor.
4. Add Your Leftover Tomato Juice or V8 to Ramen Noodles or Other Noodle Dishes — if you are on a tight budget and eating a lot of Ramen noodles, you will appreciate the difference a cup of water from your leftover tomato juice adds to your noodles! It is also tasty added to Asian noodle dishes.
5. Add Your Leftover Tomato Juice or V8 to Rice Dishes — Use the cup of water from the tomato juice bottle to add a bit of tomato flavor to your rice dishes, especially Spanish rice, Southwestern rice dishes or Asian rice dishes.
6. Add Your Leftover Tomato Juice or V8 to Salsa or Sauces — Adding a little tomato juice can tone down a hot salsa or simply add more tomato flavor to a sauce.
7. Use Your Leftover Tomato Juice or V8 to Make Your Own Salad Dressing — Mix your leftover tomato juice with some basil, olive oil, vinegar, and/or mayonnaise to make your own salad dressing
Note: Don’t let your leftover tomato juice sit in the refrigerator too long. If you think of other ways to use those last drops of tomato goodness to enhance a dish and change it up slightly, post a comment below and let me know what you did with your leftover tomato juice or V8!
Thank you for reading and sharing the link to this article. If you enjoyed this article, please share the link. This article is not available to copy and post to a website, discussion board, Facebook, or elsewhere. PLEASE DO NOT COPY THIS ARTICLE.