Steams In-Home game streaming works as an amazing stress-buster by offering you access to every single game that you can play using multiple devices. Steam has always been an amazing digital distribution, multiplayer, and social networking platform, but its in-game voice and chat functionality keeps it apart from other live streaming apps. The software is developed by Valve Corporation, and the company has now thought of making it available to everyone. To support the same thought, Valve Corporation has allowed users to stream PC games from one PC to another PC, working on the same local network. The new and improved software now allows you to enjoy your addicting games on your gaming PC, laptops and home theater systems.
Feeling excited to enjoy your game of thrones streaming? Dont worry, this article will provide all the details about how you can use Steam for in-home streaming.
Why you need to stream the Steam?
When you use Steam game streaming services, you can easily send a games video and audio to another PC/ audio-video player. It means that you can enjoy an uninterrupted fast gaming experience without buying an additional device or software for the same. For example, if you want to play graphically demanding games on a slower laptop with integrated graphics, then stream the game to your superbly configured PC. Streaming requires cross-platform compatibility and to cater the same, Valves official solution – Linux (Steam OS) Steam Machines for compatibility with old Windows-only games will be arriving soon.
How to get started and use Steam on your multiple PCs?
- In-Home Steam game streaming is quite simple to set and doesnt require any complex configuration. To do the same, carefully follow these steps:
- Log into the Steam program on a Windows PC. (In this tutorial, it is considered that the device is a powerful gaming PC with a faster CPU and graphics hardware)
- Install the games you want to stream.
- Valve will eventually allow you to stream games from Mac OS X, and Linux, hence, log into Steam using another computer, connected to the same network.
- While logging enter the same Steam username, and youll see that the games, you selected in previous steps are already there on your other PC, located in the Steam clients library.
- Click the Stream button to begin the game streaming from your other PC and the game will automatically launch on your host PC.
- Update Steam on both computers if you are unable to see this feature. To update Steam, click Steam > Check for Updates option and install the latest updates.
- If the tool doesnt support live streaming, then update it with the latest graphics drivers to resume the process.
Factors that can help in improving Steam game streaming performance
Below listed are the important factors that can help you in improving the performance of streaming.
- A host PC should run on a quad-core CPU for excellent gaming experience as a PC processor requires power to run the game, and compress the video and audio. The CPU has to be powerful because it will also send the compressed audio and video over the network.
- Streaming Client should be a powerful GPU that supports hardware-accelerated H.264 video encoder, usually included with all recent laptops and PCs. Users having an older PC or netbook may not decode the video stream quickly.
- Use a wired local network connection as it ensures success, but you can also use wireless N or AC networks with good signals.
- Whenever, you are trying to stream the game, go to the games setting screen and lower down the resolution or turn off VSync to finish up things speedily.
- You can also adjust In-Home Steaming settings on the host PC by clicking Steam > Settings and selecting In-Home Streaming to view the available settings options. Modify them according to your preferences to improve performance and reduce delays.
Valve Corporation will be soon coming up with Linux (Steam OS) Steam Machines later in this year to bridge the compatibility gap between the old Windows-only games and the latest PCs. If you think that you arent getting an optimal steam experience, then simply log into your online account and experiment with the In-Home Steaming settings. Youll see plenty of options available there, and you can try tweaking each one of them to see how they affect or impact your gaming experience or Steams performance. You wont face many difficulties in applying the settings as most of them are self-explanatory, and you can easily undo them if they dont bring the desired change. Go, explore, experiment, and enjoy an unforgettable In-Home game streaming!
Hi! I am Polly Quinton, a prolific blog writer and keen author of articles related to computer security and solution for issues related to computers and mobile devices. Being associated with the reputed best pc tuneup service provider Qresolve, I have resolved thousands of tech issues for our customers from worldwide. computer virus removal My areas of interest are PC security, endpoint security system, router support etc. You can follow me for my useful remote computer support articles on Ezine and other article-oriented websites.