Social Media is a very powerful tool which can be utilized to put across your communication to the right audience. But are you reaching your target audience? Is your message really reaching the right audience?
Social media access over the years has grown tremendously with the increasing number of smartphones and the increasing access of internet to the people across the country and globally. This has attracted companies to have a presence on the social media platforms and make sure that they communicate and interact with the right audience at the right time.
Digital marketing these days is taking a paradigm shift from the usual traditional methods of companies going digital. People these days have access to internet 24×7 and are on an always on mode making sure that they are always online through their PCs, tablets, smartphones, etc.
Companies today feel social media is just facebook and putting up posts. While they understand the importance and power of social media and its reach, they fail to devise intelligent fact and research based marketing strategies to take full advantage of this powerful platform.
To make sure they make use of the social media platform intelligently and understand that they reach the right audience at the right time, they need to ask certain questions
- What are the messages that will be engaging enough for the target audience?
- Including offers in your communication line is a great offer but they should be compelling enough?
- There are various channels available through which you can float your message but you need to select the best channel which is a challenge?
With numerous platforms available and companies posting largely on them, customers receive thousands of messages every day. The digital space though a great choice but is still cluttered and to get customer attention in these thousands of messages, you need to present him with the correct message, that is, the message of his interest in the best possible manner. This will increase his enthusiasm in your message.
There are certain platforms available through which one can understand the customer behavior and a lot more and then target the right customers.
- Get the firsthand account of the customers through websites, social media, mails, etc
- Understand the shopping preferences of the customer from his searches, e-commerce retail sites, etc.
- Understand the purchasing behavior of the customer.
- What are the communication preferences of the customer can be judged through email and social media.
Building your social media strategy on these tips will surely help you target the right audience, a must for a successful social media campaign.