Internet does not work when you are on the phone?
The Problem: Wireless Interference
Often older cordless phones and wireless routers can interfere with each other. Many older cordless phones and most wireless routers work on the 2.4 GHz radio frequency. So with both working and transmitting data at the same time, that can cause undesirable consequences.
This radio interference between a wireless router and a 2.4 GHz cordless phone can cause the following problems:
- The wireless Internet stops working completely while on the phone.
- The internet to run very slowly or very intermittently while on the phone.
- Your cordless phone to have light to heavy static.
- Your cordless phone may dropped calls.
- On your cordless phone line, one party may be unable to hear the other party.
- Your cordless phone may be unable to find the base unit.
- Your wireless devices may not see your wireless network connection or may have a weak signal.
The Solution: Eliminating Wireless Interference
The solution can be fixed by attacking interference problem from different angles. Often making changes to just the phone settings, just the wireless router settings, to just the environment or all can resolve the problem.
- Changing the channel on the cordless phone. Usually a button or menu setting on the phone.
- Changing the channel on the wireless router. Involves logging into the router and changing the channel number. All the wireless devices will automatically change to the new channel number.
- Physically moving the router and cordless phone and phone base farther apart. The farther the better.
- Upgrading to a newer cordless phone. They are getting very inexpensive. Here is one of the best ones for the money.
- Changing the frequency from 2.4 GHz to 5 GHz on the router (Everything must be wireless N in the house)
For tips on Fixing wireless Interference, this article covers it all. If you are not sure how to log into your router, this will help you do it easily.