About 3 years ago, I was given some of my father’s belongings, there were only a few things, but one of the things that he had put away for safekeeping is something I have been searching for answers for ever since. You see in his belongings is an old gold sealed policy dating back more than 50 years now.
He was a United State Military man serving in the Army. He joined when he was 17 by telling them he was 18 and they weren’t so keen on having birth certificates back then I suppose. But he served for 20 years, retiring when he was 47 years old. He served in Korea and in Viet Nam.
Men’s Military Field Coat – Men’s Fire Hose Field Coat
Unfortunately, he died after being eat up from the inside by Agent Orange poisoning. Death by agent orange is not pretty or comfortable for anyone, it has no cure and there is nothing that can relief the pain. He died at the age of 55. We miss him very much…
Anyway, I am still searching for answers to a question I asked 3 years ago on the yahoo answer site. I got a few suggestions of what to do and I did that.
Army Dad Military Drinking Glass by CafePress
In fact, the head guy over insurance called me not to long after that, but he was puzzled about it too and promised to call me back when he found anything out about it. He gave me his info, but things have been moved around and I’ve not found them again to contact him.
This policy is real it has a gold seal, but no one knows anything about it.
Take a look, please to see what you might think about it.
American Airmen’s Society Policy Holder?
The businesses associated with this gold seal policy that dates more than 50 years ago include:
These have been sent emails…
- Union Pacific
- Eastman Kodak
- Goodyear Tire
- International Bus
- Liberty National
- US Steel
- Sears Roebuck
- American Tobacco
- Texas Company (TEXACO)
Peace Now Retro Vintage Classic Style T-shirt – Army Green
more that haven’t been sent emails:
- General Motors
- International Nickel
- Kroger Stores
- 3M – Minn. Mining & MFG.
- Park Davis Drug
- Standard Oil of NJ (ExxonMobil)
- Union Oil of Cal.(Chevron)
- United Aircraft
- Bethlehem Steel now Mittal Steel
- American National Insurance Company
- Colonial Life
- Commonwealth Life
- Connecticut General Life
- Continental Assurance Company – now CNA or The Hartford
- Continental Casualty Company – now CNA or The Hartford
- Franklin Life – now Investors Heritage Life Insurance Company
- Gulf Life Insurance – now American General Life and Accident
- Jefferson Standard Life – now Jefferson-Pilot part of the The Lincoln Financial Group
- American Can – now Rexam
- Life & Casualty Insurance Co. of Tennessee – now American General Insurance
- Lincoln National Life
- National Life & Accident Insurance – now American General
- Republic National Life – now American General Life Insurance Company
- Southland Life – Now ING
- Southwestern Life – now REASSURE AMERICA LIFE INSURANCE COMPANY?
- The Travelers Insurance Co.
- The United States Life – Now the US Coast Guard?