Did you know the best way to get rid of foot fungus can be with using either Vicks Vapor Rub or Lamisil? A skin fungus on your foot is not something you want to have but it can be removed quickly if treated properly. These fungal infections on your skin can actually be pretty common such as Athlete’s Foot, Jock Itch or Ringworm.
What are the symptoms of foot fungus or athlete’s foot? Some of the symptoms are redness, peeling and itching and burning of your skin. You might even get sores and blisters on your feet as well.
How does one get foot fungus? There are a couple of ways. First, you must understand that the fungus thrives is warm and moist environments. So it is common to get in the summer in public swimming pools and public showers, for example.
Did you know there are three types of athlete’s foot? (Source: WebMD.com)
1) Interdigital: Also called toe web infection, this is the most common kind of athlete’s foot. It usually occurs between the two smallest toes.
2) Moccasin: Skin may thicken and crack, involves the entire sole of the foot and extends to the sides of the foot as well.
3) Vesicular: Least common type. Blisters develop on the underside of the foot but also can appear between the toes, on the heel, or on the top of the foot.
*How to Get Rid of Foot Fungus Fast
There are two products I know of that are the most effective treatment for curing athlete’s foot – Vicks Vapor Rub and Lamisil
– Vicks Vapor Rub or “VapoRub” is popular to treat for a cough or cold but also works well with foot fungus.
– Lamisil also works well. You apply twice a day (morning and night) for 1 week or as directed by a doctor.
– There are also oral over the counter treatments for athletes foot called Terbinafine or “Fungoid Tincture” Treatment.
– A possibly home remedy for curing athlete’s foot is by using tea tree oil.
In my opinion, Lamisil for Foot Fungus or Athlete’s Foot is still the best way to go.