There are very few things that are more relaxing than to sit in your backyard on some comfortable patio furniture around your fire pit.
Backyard patio furniture has come a long way from the days of the weaved and multi-colored straplike material. Nowadays, your patio furniture can be every bit as comfortable as the furniture you have in your family room. I like to have three different kinds of furniture on my patio:
1) Relaxing and Lie Down Lounge Chairs: These chairs are great for those hot days when I just want to lie down, drink an ice cold beer, and then drift off into a nap.
2) Comfortable Chairs: These are the kind of chairs that you will sit down around the fire pit with your buddies and talk until the wee hours of the morning. They need to be comfortable.
3) Dining Sets and Chairs: These have also come a long way since the days of fold up card tables. I have a very nice dining set for my backyard. It came with a total of six chairs.
For more information on outdoor patio furniture can be found by clicking http://www.infobarrel.com/Outdoor_Patio_Furniture
Once you have a nice assortment of patio furniture you are going to need to begin searching for the perfect fire pit. Backyard fire pits also come in a variety of sizes and styles. There are features I like and dislike about all of them. One lesson I have learned is that you get what you pay for. The first fire pit I bought was a cheap one and it only took a few fires before I had completely burned through it, and then of course it rusted away to nothing! What a disappointment.
Here are a few things that you want to look for in a fire pit:
1) Rugged Construction: You want a fire pit whose bowl is made of cold casted steel or something that is equally rugged. It just won’t last if it isn’t built right.
2) Cover: Your fire pit needs a cover, and you need to use it. If you do not cover your fire pit and it rains, your bowl will become a disgusting mixture of half burnt wood, ashes, and black water. Make sure you cover your fire pit every time you use it. Just wait a bit for it to cool down first!
Once I had a nice outdoor dining set, my comfortable chairs, and a really cool fire pit, the only problem was that I always had people showing up unannounced to enjoy my backyard!