Best Places To Visit In NYC
Many of the best places to visit in NYC are often missed by visitors and, suprisingly, even by New Yorkers. With that in mind, I started writing articles last year with an idea to feature lesser known spots I think you’ll love.
Well, a familiar spot or two crept in, but only with a unique perspective. The point of this article is to provide a single source link to all of what I believe are the best places to visit in NYC that you’d probably otherwise miss. Each link takes you for a detailed visit, always with photos and often with videos.
So, if you are coming to New York or if you’d just like to visit from a distance, here are my 100% free guides. Enjoy!
- Brooklyn Heightsa great old neighborhood with a string of fine restaurants, brownstones and the finest waterside esplanade in the city.
- Roosevelt IslandManhattan’s often missed ‘little island,’ parked serenely in the East River and connected to its bigger, other half by a breathtaking arial tram. (See also, Roosevelt Island Tram)
- Central Park (like a New Yorker)See. I said there would be familiar spaces, but you’ve never seen the park like this.
- Union SquareHistorical, surrounded by shops and restaurants, this is New York’s vibrant urban square, parked between The Flat Iron District and Greenwich Village
- Carl Shurz ParkWhere Yorkville extends into Hell Gate, this park is where Gracie Mansion, official residence of mayors less wealthy than Michael Bloomberg.
- High Line ParkOur newest great attraction. Historic and irresistible.
- EatalyLidia Bastianich leaves the mark of great Italian cooking and shopping.
There will be more to come, but for now, I’ll add a couple of other links that offer more general suggestions for the best places to visit in NYC:
New York City 365
New York City Christmas
And finally, a tasty video to put a cheerful cap on your visit: Wonderful, Wonderful
Share with your friends!
July 4th, Nightfall, New York by davestone13
Browse more Art for sale Posters
Dragon On The F Train Canvas by davestone13
Begin selling my art for free at zazzle.
Upper East Side Mirror Print by davestone13
Join one of the largest art affiliate programs