If you are using a Windows-based PC and confront various PC errors too frequently, then it is the time to contact an online computer support company. A computer support specialist will help you fix the same by applying a few tweaks and installing some problem fixing tools on your device. Read below in case you wish to fix 0x8000FFFF Windows OS error on your own.
The 0x8000ffff’ error message generally appears whenever you try to restore a Windows 7-based system by using a previously created System Restore Point. Computer specialist recommends creating restore points on a Windows system to avoid any serious data loss and performance issues. The restore points are quite helpful in storing your Windows PC back into the previously working state, in case something wrong happens while performing a system event. Usually, Windows PCs make changes to the system image while installing new software, changing application status, and other important events. But, this article will explain why users get 0x8000FFFF error and how you can fix the same without taking help from an online PC support vendor:
Symptoms and Causes of the Error
The problem generally occurs whenever you try restoring a Windows 7-based computer by using the System Restore utility. Many of you may try accessing the previously created System Restore Points to fix some common Windows OS issues. If your system shows up this confronts in Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE), you receive the following message:
System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer’s system files and settings were not changed.
An unspecified error occurred during System Restore. (0x8000ffff)
You can try System Restore again and choose a different restore point. If you continue to see this error, you can try an advanced recovery method. For more information, see What is Recovery? (Source: Microsoft)
Additionally, if you will try to restart the computer, you get the following message:
System Restore completed successfully. The system has been restored to daytime. Your documents have not been affected. (Source: Microsoft)
The major reason behind the occurrence of this error is because certain files are not replaced correctly. The error may appear on your computer screens if a file conflict occurs during the restore process. Always remember that you may get the ‘System Restore has completed successfully’ completion message, even if the utility has failed to perform the desired action.
Additionally, the error does not affect user data so you can avail computer technical support without wondering about serious data corruption or data loss issues.
How to Troubleshoot Windows 0x8000FFFF Error?
You will need to apply the hotfix package to fix the error so visit the Microsofts official website to download the same. Or you can also avail online repair services from computer technical support companies to avoid any hassle while troubleshooting the error.
1. Download and install Windows Automated Installation Kit for Windows 7 (AIK) by visiting http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5753
2. Click Start > All Programs > Windows AIK
3. Right-click the Deployment Tools Command Prompt’ and then select Run as administrator option
4. Now, youll need to copy the Install.wim file to a folder so run the following commands:
copy D:sourcesinstall.wim C:OS_Image
5. Next, use the ImageX tool to mount the Install.wim file and to do the same run the command:
ImageX /mountrw C:OS_Imageinstall.wim 1 C:OS_Imagemount
6. Now, try to copy the Windows RE image (Winre.wim) from the mounted Windows 7 image by running following commands:
copy C:OS_imagemountwindowssystem32recoverywinre.wim C:winre
7. Unmount the Windows 7 image by running the following command:
ImageX /unmount C:OS_Imagemount
8. Now, install the hotfix on the Windows RE image (Winre.wim)
9. Mount the Winre.wim file by running this command ImageX /mountrw C:winrewinre.wim 1 C:winremount
10. Next, install the hotfix package on the mounted Windows RE image by running Dism /image:C:winremount /Add-Package:c:TEMPWindows6.1-KB2709289-x64.msu command
11. Confirm that the hotfix package gets successfully installed by running the Dism /image:C:winremount /Get-Packages command
If you think that youre unable to fix the issue, then immediately connect with your computer support specialist to get rid of this error instantly. The fix mentioned above can successfully run on various Windows 7 editions including Enterprise, Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, and Ultimate. Always remember that computer support services are available round the clock to handle your tech issues, and you can ask for online computer repair anytime, anywhere.